Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a Level 8 possible with pass by compensation?

Options
  • 04-01-2018 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

In my third year of study which counts toward my degree I passed two exams by aggregation and two by compensation, (with no repeats offered by the college at all) I have read on many sites that if you compensate an exam that counts towards your degree you won't revive an honours degree ie a level 8? I am in my final year now but I'm wondering if it's all for nought as in the end I will only receive a level 7 degree ? This surely can't be the case? Completing 4 years in Trinity to only obtain a level 7??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Stop reading the internet and go speak to a human in your faculty office for definitive information.

It does seem illogical that if you are enrolled on a Level 8, that you would come out with a Level 7. I would guess that in the worst case scenario, you would get a pass Level 8, as opposed to an honours Level 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Red_panda_22

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Stop reading the internet and go speak to a human in your faculty office for definitive information.

It does seem illogical that if you are enrolled on a Level 8, that you would come out with a Level 7. I would guess that in the worst case scenario, you would get a pass Level 8, as opposed to an honours Level 8.

Yeah I've made an appointment to meet with some people, I already met with careers advisory and they were seriously unhelpful and made me panic more. Course hand books have nothing in it either, could find this info for every college but my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yeah I've made an appointment to meet with some people, I already met with careers advisory and they were seriously unhelpful and made me panic more. Course hand books have nothing in it either, could find this info for every college but my own!

This is an academic matter, don't add to your anxiety by speaking to non-academics. As you have already found to your detriment, that will only confuse the matter further.

Advertisement