Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir now resorting to harrassing my Father

Options
  • 04-01-2018 6:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have been in touch with Eir in relation to the issue that I was moving house and wanted to pay my bill and close my account.
    I was told that I could bring my service free of charge to a new address for the remainder of my contract with Eir (this contract itself is in dispute , as I have been with EIR 17 years) 

I spoke with the loyalty team who told me that they couldn't cancel my "contract" but they could move it free of charge to my new address. At the time this didn't suit, however I decided to go ahead with it in anyway.
    I filled out a moving house form online (2-3 times) and never got a reply.  Eventually I rang and spoke to Megan in the Move team who told me that I could indeed move but I would have to sign up to a minimum of 18 month contract.  I was never told this two weeks previousily by the Loyalty team.  Megan was extremely rude and arrogant and spoke over me remidning me that "Unfortuately when moving house you have no option but to sign up to an 18 month contract." I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor and was told that they would tell me the same, I insisted on speaking to a manager and she said there was no one there go take my call and that they would basically tell me the same thing. After about 15-20 minutes arguing with this Megan and her telling me multiple times with glee in her voice that if I move service to a new house the minimum contract is 18 months. 

Eventually she fetches Mark <surname> who is seemingly Team Leader, and while I am waiting for Mark to come to the phone, Megan suddenly tells me " Oh I can give you a 6 month contract" Despite her telling me for 20 minutes that the only option available is an 18 month contract.

I explain my situation to Mark <surname>, who basically tells me that the Loyalty team should not of told me what they did as they do not have that authority to do so, and the decision is for the Move Team , which is his department, so Kim in the Loyalty Team was not giving me accurate information. I explained to Mark <surname>, that it shouldn't matter who is telling me the information, and it is not for me to decipher who or who doesn't have authority in each department, internal Eir departmental policy is not a speciality of mine.

I found Mark to be constantly trying to trip me up, speak over me and he suggested that I was going in circles, everytime he couldn't answer my queries. He told me that no one on his team would have given me the wrong information about moving house and the loyalty team should not of told me what they did. (This was despite the fact that Megan in his time had spent 20 minutes telling me wrong information about their minimum contract being 18 months.)

When i quizzed Mark about why Megan had misinformed me about the minimum contract, he said that should would have to clarify a 6 month contract with him and that most people opt for an 18 month contract because of the benefits. I explained to Mark that I wasn't offered any benefits for the new 18 month contract Megan was limiting me to, and I also highlighted with Mark that of course most people will opt for an 18 month contact , when staff like Megan are giving them no option. 
    I feel what is happening in these departments in Eir is an ethos of misleading customers to what contracts are actually available in order to scam people into longer than necessary contracts. Furthermore, I feel the loyalty team, with whom I was not let speak to after speaking with Mark, are telling people anything to get them off the phone. 

I have never received a reply to my intial request for the calls to be checked, I have never received a reply to my online move of home forms. Mark did tell me he would listen back to one call that I had with the loyalty team, however instead he asked an manager in the loyalty team to listen to this call and then fill him in on the jist of the conversation. When I asked Mark about what the person was asked to listen to, he told me it was if the rep said I " could move my existing service for 3 months to a new house" and nothing else. However , when I asked him was it just that exact phrase the call was checked for , he said well that's what I asked for. I told him it wasn't and that he had said he would listen to the call himself as he understood my complaint,  however at this stage Mark was basically calling me a liar. 

I asked Mark to put me onto his manager, he said he couldn't and the usual repsonse of " They will tell you the same as me" , which clearly wasn't the case with "18 Month Megan" . I asked him for his managers name and he said he didn't have one. However when I pushed further he gave me the name of a Michael <surname>.  I asked to be put through to him, I was refused, I asked for his number, I was refused, I asked for his email, I was refused. ( Pretty poor communications for a communications company. 

Since moving house and having to leave the line in the old house and broadband connected, I have no control over the usage of the service. 

Eir are now texting my FATHER and CALLING him despite the bill being in my name. Basically harrassing and scaring a man in his late 70s about bills that have nothing to do with him, despite having my email and phone number and it being MY BILL IN MY NAME!

I wish people like Michael <surname> , who is seemingly this guys manager, could do the decent thing and pick up the phone and call me to sort this out, rather than hiding behind incompetent customer service staff who's default position is "Computer says no" - I will reiterate, we have been with EIR 17 years and the service is dispicible, no one takes responsibilty for complaints. 

What began with me ringing to pay the balance of my bill before I moved house, (like I have done for 17 years) has escalated into a farce-  the fact you have a "Loyalty Team" is surely meant sarcastically? 

(Adam has my account and contact details) 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eir: Kevin

Hi damianch,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you've had with your contract. I also apologise if any staff members were rude or unhelpful at any stage.

Would you mind sending me a PM with your account number and I can look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

eir: Kevin wrote: »
    Hi damianch,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you've had with your contract. I also apologise if any staff members were rude or unhelpful at any stage.

Would you mind sending me a PM with your account number and I can look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    If they are annoying your dad, and it's in your name, is that a breach of data protection, discussing your bills and affairs with a third party? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

eir: Kevin wrote: »
    Hi damianch,

Thanks,
    Kevin
    If they are annoying your dad, and it's in your name, is that a breach of data protection, discussing your bills and affairs with a third party? 
    Thanks, I have contacted them today and Com Reg to file a complaint with them too. It seems Eir are getting away with misleading people about contract lengths on purpose and staff are acting ignorant to what actually exists. Even the reps on here were complicit in tell me the length of contract offered by the Move team was correct , why are they lying?

[font=arial, sans-serif]Why did Adam on here agree with his colleague Megan, who was actually lying about the minimum contract being 18 months? (Picture attached) And why did Adam use the usual " no need to speak to a manager as they can't help you line" when in fact when I did speak to a manager I got a completely different story. It seems to me all these reps do is try and prevent things being escalated to their managers, regardless of whether they are telling the truth or not

[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

This was supposedly rectified with Michael in Eir in January. He was to send final bill to my email and cancel the account. Surprise Surprise I am still receiving bills from Eir. 

Can someone have Michael ring me immediately .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

damianch wrote: »
    Thanks, I have contacted them today and Com Reg to file a complaint with them too. It seems Eir are getting away with misleading people about contract lengths on purpose and staff are acting ignorant to what actually exists. Even the reps on here were complicit in tell me the length of contract offered by the Move team was correct , why are they lying?

[font=arial, sans-serif]Why did Adam on here agree with his colleague Megan, who was actually lying about the minimum contract being 18 months? (Picture attached) And why did Adam use the usual " no need to speak to a manager as they can't help you line" when in fact when I did speak to a manager I got a completely different story. It seems to me all these reps do is try and prevent things being escalated to their managers, regardless of whether they are telling the truth or not

[/font]

They're unreal,was told blatant lies,etc etc,went on for months,eir are bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

damianch wrote: »
    This was supposedly rectified with Michael in Eir in January. He was to send final bill to my email and cancel the account. Surprise Surprise I am still receiving bills from Eir. 

Can someone have Michael ring me immediately .
    Hi damianch ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement