Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog pound

Options
  • 04-01-2018 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi All
    Anybody know if the dog pound still exists in Ballybane?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Curly head wrote: »
    Hi All
    Anybody know if the dog pound still exists in Ballybane?
    Thanks

It does.

"How do I contact a Dog Warden/Dog Pound?
    A dog warden is on duty at the Ballybane Dog Pound, Tuam Road, Galway, Monday to Friday from 9.30 am - 10.30 am and from 4.00 pm - 5.00 pm. Outside of these times, the warden may be on patrol in the city.
    The Dog Pound can be contacted on (091) 536400."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I had dealings with the fellow stationed there and a sound guy he was too. I never understood what exactly happens the dogs that end up there. How long they are there for and so on. He is not there all the time so I think the dogs are locked inside until he arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

bobbyss wrote: »
    I had dealings with the fellow stationed there and a sound guy he was too. I never understood what exactly happens the dogs that end up there. How long they are there for and so on. He is not there all the time so I think the dogs are locked inside until he arrives.

Now the ones not claimed go to MADRA, previously once they had stayed the required amount of time, they were put down. From seeing pounds in action in other counties, they are in their cages most of the time, some pounds have volunteers who walk/play/try to home them before their time is up.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement