Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tights whose toe is actually reinforced?

• 04-01-2018 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I generally buy my tights in Marks, but lately I've found on day 1 I will have punched a hole in both legs where my big toe sits........bar covering the tops of all new tights in nail varnish, can anyone recommend a nude pair that I wouldn't blow a hole in first wear..........btw, this isn't just Marks, it's all the general shops' tights - I've even done this with the heavy denier opaques :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

cjmcork wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I generally buy my tights in Marks, but lately I've found on day 1 I will have punched a hole in both legs where my big toe sits........bar covering the tops of all new tights in nail varnish, can anyone recommend a nude pair that I wouldn't blow a hole in first wear..........btw, this isn't just Marks, it's all the general shops' tights - I've even done this with the heavy denier opaques :confused:

Awe you must be very unlucky. I have never had this problem when wearing tights. Maybe try some tights from TK-Max. I think you should ask Supergirl for some of her tights they are super indestructible :cool:

Hope you find a pair that this does not happen too for you to wear.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Would they be too short I wonder? Have you tried going up a size, so they're not stretching enough to break at the toe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The only time this happens to me is when my toe nails have gotten too long and need trimming. Or if I’m wearing shoes that are a little too snug at the toes. And I tend to mostly wear M&S tights too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Thanks folks - I'm going to try going up a size :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Why don’t you get toeless stockings from M&S? They are excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 marielille

Hi got some thermal tights in Penneys that have this ☺.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What about these lovely tights

https://www.uktights.com/tights/dance-tights

Gona get some myself.

Lots of deals on the site too

https://www.uktights.com/promotions/sale

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 marielille

Ooh good tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

It's funny, I've never had a problem with this until recently. I got pop socks In Marks a few weeks ago and within a couple of wears the toe was coming apart where my big toe is. I've always mixed and matched between marks and dunnes and Penneys and never had this problem until recently. I'm wondering if marks have changed their production process or quality of their materials or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement