Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving exchange

Options
  • 04-01-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am from passage west cork.My housing estate was built in the 1980s and connected to the main exchange in the village(about 2km away). At the moment, I am getting about  5-7MB broadband on fiber. There have been 2 exchanges built closer(within 300m) of my house(see map). Who would I have to talk to see if it is possible to move the house onto a closer exchange?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

brian_naga wrote: »
    I am from passage west cork.My housing estate was built in the 1980s and connected to the main exchange in the village(about 2km away). At the moment, I am getting about  5-7MB broadband on fiber. There have been 2 exchanges built closer(within 300m) of my house(see map). Who would I have to talk to see if it is possible to move the house onto a closer exchange?
    Hi Brian_naga,

I'm sorry but unfortunately, an exchange change is not possible. Changing exchanges is not an option that eir can provider nor arrange. 

I'm sorry it wasn't better news but the infrastructure cannot be changed.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 brian_naga

of course infrastructure can be change, it is just expensive to change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

brian_naga wrote: »
    of course infrastructure can be change, it is just expensive to change
    I understand your frustration here, I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement