Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split peas

Options
  • 04-01-2018 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to make a split pea and ham hock soup but wondering where i could find these peas. Would they usually be in the dried or pulses section of regular supermarkets ?

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Yes, that's exactly where you'd find them. Tesco usually sell yellow and green ones - they come in at around a euro for 500g.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can see the tesco ones here,
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=276415277

in my tesco stuff like this could be in 3 or even 4 different sections. It could be mixed in with gluten free stuff or "free from" stuff, or be in a totally different section.

-i.e. if you do not see it where you thing it should be look around other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

In my experience the green ones seem harder to find than the yellow ones for some reason.

Advertisement