If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ compatible Freeview Box (Belfast)

Options
  • 04-01-2018 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello

Can you please advise if you would have a Freeview Box in your Belfast store which would be able to pick up the RTE channels which are broadcast from the Black Mountain Transmitter?  Also if you have something which has catch-up apps like iPlayer, Netflix etc. and which can record/pause TV?

I recently bought a Youview + HD Box from Curry's- even though the Youview site said we should receive the RTE Channels this wasn't the case.

I am using a HD aerial I purchased on Amazon- with this aerial on a separate Samsung smart TV I am able to receive RTE so I know that the aerial isn't the issue.

Many thanks
    Ronan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hello

Can you please advise if you would have a Freeview Box in your Belfast store which would be able to pick up the RTE channels which are broadcast from the Black Mountain Transmitter?  Also if you have something which has catch-up apps like iPlayer, Netflix etc. and which can record/pause TV?

I recently bought a Youview + HD Box from Curry's- even though the Youview site said we should receive the RTE Channels this wasn't the case.

I am using a HD aerial I purchased on Amazon- with this aerial on a separate Samsung smart TV I am able to receive RTE so I know that the aerial isn't the issue.

Many thanks
    Ronan
    Hi Ronantansey.

Thanks for the post.

If you have no issue getting the RTE stations on your Samsung then the Humax FVP4000T should be able to pick these up.
    We sell these to customer in the South Of Ireland and they are able to pick up Saorivew on them.
    They also have catch up TV and can record. it has a 500GB hard drive built in. No Netflix app unfortunately.
    Currently priced at £179
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201642-moccha314688.aspx

However we are currently awaiting more stock of these to arrive with us here at the Belfast store.
    we do have the 1TB hard drive size in stock at £219.00

Let me know what you think.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.