Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Am Ring / Rock Im Park 2018 (1-3 June)

Options
  • 04-01-2018 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Plenty of bands on this lineup that I'd really like to see! Here's hoping Alexisonfire do some more dates if I can't make it over to this (think they might be playing Download too).

large_581a63942c26690c2ee1b5e7a67bc4ef.png

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Excellent festival. Fairly bog standard lineup though. Gorillaz will go down like a lead balloon at that. As for Snowplay.....

Good to see Marilyn Manson in Europe though. Hoping for a date here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Nal wrote: »
    Excellent festival. Fairly bog standard lineup though. Gorillaz will go down like a lead balloon at that. As for Snowplay.....

“Fairly”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

From an Irish perspective which one of these is the easiest to get to?

From an Irish perspective which one of these is the easiest to get to?

Rock Am Ring. Its near enough to Frankfurt Hahn. You can get a bus to Koblenz and then a bus to the Nurburgring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Rock Am Ring. Its near enough to Frankfurt Hahn. You can get a bus to Koblenz and then a bus to the Nurburgring.

Hasn't it changed site so it's not at the nurburgring anymore? Rock im Park is handy to get to, although is either two flights (to London then direct to Nuremburg) or plane and train. I did second option before, very handy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    Hasn't it changed site so it's not at the nurburgring anymore? Rock im Park is handy to get to, although is either two flights (to London then direct to Nuremburg) or plane and train. I did second option before, very handy

Yea when we went to RIP 2009 we flew to Frankfurt Hahn???? then got the train

Mushy wrote: »

No idea but its defo in the Nurburgring this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No idea but its defo in the Nurburgring this year.

Had no idea it returned there, assumed the switch was permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

Anybody going from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

Only just came across this thread now! I had posted a thread about this in 2017 but got no response so didn't even think to look for this year!

I was there and Gorillaz were by far the most popular act of the weekend. They had to stop people getting in to the Becks park stage because it was over capacity for their set!

Marilyn Manson was absolutely flawless this year!

Its been my fourth year in a row and I would highly recommend this festival.

We usually fly from Cork to Amsterdam and then on the Nuremburg - we go to Rock Im Park because its smaller and we can stay in a hotel cause camping is rotten.

This year however, we flew from Dublin to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Nuremburg. So easy to get to and far better than any festival you will see here in Ireland!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

Only just came across this thread now! I had posted a thread about this in 2017 but got no response so didn't even think to look for this year!

I was there and Gorillaz were by far the most popular act of the weekend. They had to stop people getting in to the Becks park stage because it was over capacity for their set!

Marilyn Manson was absolutely flawless this year!

Its been my fourth year in a row and I would highly recommend this festival.

We usually fly from Cork to Amsterdam and then on the Nuremburg - we go to Rock Im Park because its smaller and we can stay in a hotel cause camping is rotten.

This year however, we flew from Dublin to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Nuremburg. So easy to get to and far better than any festival you will see here in Ireland!!

I was looking for people to go from here, keep me posted for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

lynvoh wrote: »
    I was looking for people to go from here, keep me posted for next year!

Already have the hotel booked for next year since the day I got back this year!!! Will defo make another thread closer to the time next year :D

Advertisement