Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone / broadband line installation

Options
  • 04-01-2018 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

Moved into a new estate back in September. KN networks initially came out and said that the cable had been installed as far as the junction box in the row of houses behind us but would need to be pulled down to the manhole in front of our house by a team of Eir engineers. All of the ducting infrastructure has been installed by the builder.

We were initially told this work would be performed by October 31st, this was deferred until December 27th and still today no site visit has been completed by eir.

Can you please let me know when this work will be completed? I think it is a disgrace that a whole row of 10 houses should have to wait over 3 months for a piece of cable to be pulled a couple of metres down from the row behind us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

abrushka wrote: »
    Hi,

Moved into a new estate back in September. KN networks initially came out and said that the cable had been installed as far as the junction box in the row of houses behind us but would need to be pulled down to the manhole in front of our house by a team of Eir engineers. All of the ducting infrastructure has been installed by the builder.

We were initially told this work would be performed by October 31st, this was deferred until December 27th and still today no site visit has been completed by eir.

Can you please let me know when this work will be completed? I think it is a disgrace that a whole row of 10 houses should have to wait over 3 months for a piece of cable to be pulled a couple of metres down from the row behind us.
    Hi Abrushka,

Do you have an active account with Eir? If so I could escalate this on for you, Just PM me your full name and account number.

You could try contacting customercare@openeir.ie to see if you can get an update from themselves in relation to the site visit.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

Dont bother, i have the same thing ongoing with Eir, everything has been in place and i am in the house a little under a year ( Jan 25th will be 1 year) when i first contacted them back in Jan i was advised that Eir know more are moving in so they will more than likely wait until its cost effective to actually complete the work.

since last January i have been given 10 forecasts for the work to be completed, had a td give me a forecast promised by openeir and now again today i have been called to advise that the date is now march 2nd. 

Advertisement