Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudolph Day

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Rudolph Day everyone and what a beautiful morning to wake up to! Sun is shining, there was frost on the ground when walking the dogs and I badly missed my gloves and hat, winter is finally here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,314 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just hoping the rain stays away for the next couple of days so we can get our outdoor lights & decorations up! The cold is grand, its the rain that makes it difficult!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Rudolph Day! 😊

Like TRS said, not hard to do something Christmassy today. I'll put the finishing touches to the decorations, hang the stairs garland and I'm getting a Chinese take away later. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

Happy Rudolph Day everyone last one of 2021

11 more until Christmas 2022 😂

To celebrate I'm putting up my Christmas decorations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Nothing says Christmas like a Chinese 😂

Only joking, however who wants to cook over Christmas, other then the day itself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

Today I had Christmas fm on in work all morning, singing and all, and I wore Christmas socks.

Also just bumped into my SIL in the supermarket so got chatting about Christmas plans (they're coming to us) and it all felt nice and normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Rudolph day everyone - one month to the big day 🎄

Off work tomorrow so seeing out the last Rudoplh day with a watching of Love Actually

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I finished my Rudolph day off by putting up our wreath and all external lights. Feeling very festive now 😁

I've just the icicle lights to hang tomorrow and outside is done... thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Rudolph Day!!!! Wore my Christmas socks and hair scrunchie 😊 I can’t believe it’s the last one before the big day 🧑‍🎄🤶

Happy Rudolph Day everyone! Can't believe it's the last one of the year 😄🦌

watched it a few days ago - great Movie 😀🎄

Just a heads up that the first of our Rudolph days for 2022 is tomorrow... so is christmas socks or turkey sambos on the cards for anyone tomorrow?

Hard to beleive this time one month ago, I was back from the butchers with turkey and ham in tow. While January has moved well this year, it feels alot longer than a month ago it was Christmas Eve.

The difference of speed from Nov 24th to Dec 24th and Dec 24th to Jan 24th is telling. Nov-Dec feels like 2 days, Dec-Jan felt like 2 months.

Has been a crazy month. Today feels like the first 'normal' day in ages, kids all in school, OH and I working and no Covid related issues to worry about.

Not sure what I'll do for tomorrow. A turkey, stuff and cranberry sambo sounds very tempting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I maybe wearing Christmas socks today in anticipation of tomorrow 😂

For me this has been the fastest January (albeit with a week still to go) in quite some time. Christmas doesn't seem that long ago to me funnily enough, though I suspect the 12 days isolating just switched my brain onto autopilot so I don't register them as full days or suchlike!! genuinely cant remember a January that breezed by this quickly without me reminiscing over the festive season just gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I think the mildness of the weather has been a factor too, it's not too cold to go outside, and with the mild days it feels like the evenings even got brighter, quicker.

I for one am not complaining that the most crappy month of the year is almost gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

I always find this one a sad Rudolph day

First one after Christmas and lingering bits still in the house with the empty void from the recently removed decorations

Blue Monday could be blue rudolph day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Very true. There is a definite 'looking back' rather than 'looking forward' element to the January Rudolph Day. Falling on a Tuesday isn't going to make it especially cheery either.

The 25th February will be a Friday, so that already feels like it will be more cheerful. 😁

Maybe the first Rudolph Day of 2023 will be happier if we get our promised bank holiday! 🥳

The Feb one is a personal favourite of mine. Great that it's a Friday this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Happy Rudolph Day! Very best wishes to everyone on here.

Happy Rudolph day everyone 😀

Happy Rudolph day all.

Only 10 more to go!

Happy Rudolph Day everyone! Can't believe January is almost over, it flew 😄🦌

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Rudolph Day, one and all! On the one hand, I can't believe it's only been a month since Christmas Day, it feels so much longer! On the other hand, January has flown past this year!

• Advertisement

Advertisement