Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal of PermaBan from After Hours

Options
  • 04-01-2018 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭

Hello there

I returned following a ban (for which I am grateful) and during a recent debate on AH called someone out for trolling.

I realise this is not my place to do so and I should not have done it. I do apologise.

However, I had reported this line of posting, someone was making inflammatory "jokes" about rape and nothing was done when reported. He was (and I hope it's okay to use the word here for illustration purposes) trolling the thread and not debating at all.

I know my return was contingent on no further infractions and I appreciate that I did not think before I posted but I am asking for a final chance on AH. As well as seeing a level of uncivility by others being ignored (e.g. just a day or so before this incident someone posted "what bollocks" in reply to a post and another said something like "do you realise how stupid you are ?".

I have been the victim of way more uncivil posts that anything I posted, I of course reported these.

I have striven to keep to the guidelines set and 99.5% of the time I have done so, I hope this lapse will not be taken in isolation and the almost 2,000 good posts looked as mitigation.

You can see the interactions I have had have been almost all positive in AH and I would like to continue.

Kind regards,

Peter P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi, the first step is to contact the AH mods and attempt to resolve this with them directly. Have you tried to do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

dudara wrote: »
    Hi, the first step is to contact the AH mods and attempt to resolve this with them directly. Have you tried to do this?

Hi there

Thanks for the reply, yes I did indeed - I spoke to the mod who carded me and then changed it to a ban.

He kindly advised me to escalate it to here.

Kind regards,

PP

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks very much for confirming. I’ll notify the CMods now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Peter

I can take this.

Please post here or pm me the exchange you had with the mod where you attempted to resolve the issue.

cheers

have received a warning
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PeterParker957
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buford T. Justice V
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Dear PeterParker957,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Buford T. Justice V

Moderator Note

You know better than to call someone a troll, attacking the poster not the post

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PeterParker957 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tomwaterford View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PeterParker957 View Post
    Troll.
    To quote the smirnoff ad.......labels are for bottles, not people
    If it posts like a troll and quacks like a troll!

My apologies, I over reacted to what was someone clearly mocking people concerned about rape.

I won't repeat this, sorry.

No, you won't. You have left me with no option but to permaban you from Boards as per your last DRP thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057796812

I don't understand ? I overreacted to one post, I am genuinely sorry. I don't think that deserves a permanent ban ?

Again as per the DRP thread, you were warned that any card would result in a ban. You called someone a troll onthread knowing it could be carded. The process of escalating sanctions is familiar to you. This is just a continuation of this. You agreed that if you attracted another card, you would be permabanned. You posted what you should know would attract a card and a subsequent permaban.

I am sorry but I reported this poster and nothing was done. I shouldn't have said that but it was a fact.

I have nearly 2,000 posts this time and I am really enjoying being here. Please allow me one last chance and I swear I will not do that again, I am sorry.

It's out of my hands, Peter. You will have to appeal to someone higher up the line than me.

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying, I couldn't reply from phone last night.

I really hope that this can be resolved to allow me to post again. I really didn't think that would attract a ban when I have seen people call others much much worse - myself included (i.e. received abuse!)

Thanks,

PP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

FYI - Myself the AH mods and cMods are currently discussing this issue. I will get back to you on the conclusion of these discussions.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    FYI - Myself the AH mods and cMods are currently discussing this issue. I will get back to you on the conclusion of these discussions.

Thank you so much for that. If I'm lucky enough to carry on I will accept any conditions imposed.

Hi there

I wonder if there was any update at all ?

Apologies for bothering you!

PP

Bear with me. Thx

Bear with me. Thx

Absolutely!!!

Thank again for all your help, much appreciated it is!!

• Advertisement

Hi PeterParker957

I appreciate your patience in this issue.

I have spent the last week or so discussing this with the AH mods and cmods.

First of all I suppose on the red card. I am of the opinion the post deserved action so am upholding that. That isn't really the issue though. The main issue is your history of behaviour on the forum and whether that is going to change. It is disappointing that after repeated chances we find ourselves back here again. There are many many people in after hours who never have a whiff of trouble from the moderators or other posters but you unfortunately are not one of them. I cannot even determine the amount of extra work you caused for the mods due to repeated reregs.

From your last DRP the condition of allowing you back to the forum was
    The caveat is that the next Mod action against you no matter how minor, I have instructed the Mods to Permaban you and any future accounts that you create.

So here we are. It does not seem to me or the mods that you are capable of contributing to the forum without running foul of the forum rules and thereby wasting more and more moderator time. Therefore I am upholding the permanent ban from the forum.

I would say that we could reassess the situation in 6 months or so if you became a significant addition to the boards community elsewhere on the site (depending on amount of posts etc) but unfortunately at this juncture I cannot in good conscience restore your access.

I appreciate that this is not the response you were expecting but I would ask that you reflect again on your posting style and the way you react to other posters on other areas on boards.

Hi PeterParker957

I appreciate your patience in this issue.

I have spent the last week or so discussing this with the AH mods and cmods.

First of all I suppose on the red card. I am of the opinion the post deserved action so am upholding that. That isn't really the issue though. The main issue is your history of behaviour on the forum and whether that is going to change. It is disappointing that after repeated chances we find ourselves back here again. There are many many people in after hours who never have a whiff of trouble from the moderators or other posters but you unfortunately are not one of them. I cannot even determine the amount of extra work you caused for the mods due to repeated reregs.

From your last DRP the condition of allowing you back to the forum was
    The caveat is that the next Mod action against you no matter how minor, I have instructed the Mods to Permaban you and any future accounts that you create.

So here we are. It does not seem to me or the mods that you are capable of contributing to the forum without running foul of the forum rules and thereby wasting more and more moderator time. Therefore I am upholding the permanent ban from the forum.

I would say that we could reassess the situation in 6 months or so if you became a significant addition to the boards community elsewhere on the site (depending on amount of posts etc) but unfortunately at this juncture I cannot in good conscience restore your access.

I appreciate that this is not the response you were expecting but I would ask that you reflect again on your posting style and the way you react to other posters on other areas on boards.

Hi there

I did expect that and I do thank you all for your help and time on this.

I have seen some threads/forums that I would like to post on but I wanted to hols off in case it wasn't okay.

I'll do so now and I hope to be allowed back at some point.

Thank you again.

PP

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks everyone - marking this resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement