Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deals on Fridge Freezers?

Options
  • 04-01-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Looking to purchase a freestanding fridge-freezer to replace an old one. Preference is for something along the lines of 60/40 (60% fridge/40% freezer) like this one from Currys, which seems to be a very good price compared to competitiors.

Anyone any tips on somewhere better to look, bricks & mortar places even (in the West preferably). The likes of Appliances Delivered & Harvey Norman appear to be all marketing spin and their prices aren't really that special at all.....

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Just to make you aware that fridge has a non flame retardant back on it. It scores really badly on which.co.uk reviews scoring only 49%.

Hopefully you have not bought yet and this may give you some food for thought.
    These are the cons that Which listed ...
    Cons - Dreadful freezing power, pricey to power, inaccurate thermostat, non-flame-retardant plastic backing presents safety concerns

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

Thanks for the input. I did read some of the Which review before, but the reviews in general from people who have bought it are overwhelmingly positive.

We'll have to see how it goes at this stage!

Hi Tobdom,

It was more about the safety aspect that I was flagging to you, just so as you were aware of it.

I just sent you a DM Tobdom

Advertisement