Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 8/12 problem - alarm beeping

Options
  • 04-01-2018 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

Having issues with a HKC 8/12. We got the alarm code off the old owners and it seemed to be working fine, it was accepting the code and arming/disarming etc. Now the red alarm led on the user panel is on permanently and when I enter the user code it says access denied, enter any other code and no message comes up. Tried entering the default engineers code this morning and now the user panel is just beeping constantly? Any ideas whats going on here or how to stop the beeping for now until I get a new system in. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

mochara17 wrote: »
    Hi,

Having issues with a HKC 8/12. We got the alarm code off the old owners and it seemed to be working fine, it was accepting the code and arming/disarming etc. Now the red alarm led on the user panel is on permanently and when I enter the user code it says access denied, enter any other code and no message comes up. Tried entering the default engineers code this morning and now the user panel is just beeping constantly? Any ideas whats going on here or how to stop the beeping for now until I get a new system in. Thanks

Strange one not accepting the code.
    Did you try the default user 1111?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mochara17

Yeah strange, it worked previously to stop the panel beeping when mains power was down a while back. Now recently just noticed the red alarm led is on all the time, no fault led, and it won't accept the code. Tried both default codes and no luck, once I put in the default engineers code it started beeping and wont let me into any menus on the keypad at all.

I disconnected mains and battery and tried to power up again but still no luck, it just set off the alarm so had to remove all fuses in the panel now and the external siren is still going off. any idea how long they will run on their battery? Don't want to have to get up to it and take them out :-/

Yeah strange, it worked previously to stop the panel beeping when mains power was down a while back. Now recently just noticed the red alarm led is on all the time, no fault led, and it won't accept the code. Tried both default codes and no luck, once I put in the default engineers code it started beeping and wont let me into any menus on the keypad at all.

I disconnected mains and battery and tried to power up again but still no luck, it just set off the alarm so had to remove all fuses in the panel now and the external siren is still going off. any idea how long they will run on their battery? Don't want to have to get up to it and take them out :-/

Usually till either the timer runs out or the battery dies.
    I was going to suggest a power cycle to see if that helped.
    May need to be defaulted or replaced as something sounds corrupted on it.

altor wrote: »
    Usually till either the timer runs out or the battery dies.
    I was going to suggest a power cycle to see if that helped.
    May need to be defaulted or replaced as something sounds corrupted on it.

Any idea what sort of battery is in most external sirens? Better get up to it if it's not gonna die soon... :mad:

Yeah something not right, can't find much information on how these work, guessing theirs not much I can do to default without software etc? I was going to upgrade the system soon anyway at least :rolleyes:

Any idea what sort of battery is in most external sirens? Better get up to it if it's not gonna die soon... :mad:

Yeah something not right, can't find much information on how these work, guessing theirs not much I can do to default without software etc? I was going to upgrade the system soon anyway at least :rolleyes:

Just depends of the bell itself.
    They all have some type of battery.

• Advertisement

I better get up to it so in case it stays going all night :mad:

Thanks for the help anyway!

I better get up to it so in case it stays going all night :mad:

Thanks for the help anyway!

No problem, always happy to help.

No problem, always happy to help.

Got it disconnected, now to price up a new system :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Got it disconnected, now to price up a new system :rolleyes:
    Did you try defaulting the system?
    It's not that difficult. I just did my system yesterday and after a bit of fiddling around, have configured all the zone names and part guard settings as well as a GSM-P module.
    Btw, thanks altor (and KoolKid) for all your posts on defaulting the system.

Yeah, tried it it seems to be engineer locked. Thanks though.

Looking up new systems now, anyone know of a wireless PIR cam that can be used with siemens SPC panel? Cant seem to find a siemens one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They dont have a wireless PiR camera, but they will integrate with a lot of IP cameras & systems.
    Some good help here
    https://www.spcsupportinfo.com

KoolKid wrote: »
    They dont have a wireless PiR camera, but they will integrate with a lot of IP cameras & systems.
    Some good help here
    https://www.spcsupportinfo.com

Thanks for that!

Could make do with standard pirs for now and add IP cam later. Looking at going with the SPC 4320 and use the current wired hkc sensors as all doors and openings are covered.

Is the gsm dialler a worthwhile add on as a back up? Signal is very poor in my house and at 300 quid its an expensive extra? any other options for comms backup? UPs for my router?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Their GSM is expensive but its 3g . Using a SIM with a data package this can also hold up the connection to SPC Connect for the app.
    If you have good broadband SPC has the benefit that you can set up very fast polling that will let you know very quickly if your connection goes down.
    You can also set it to alert you when entry time starts so this (or an alarm event) followed by network fail is something that needs your attention.

Their GSM is expensive but its 3g . Using a SIM with a data package this can also hold up the connection to SPC Connect for the app.
    If you have good broadband SPC has the benefit that you can set up very fast polling that will let you know very quickly if your connection goes down.
    You can also set it to alert you when entry time starts so this (or an alarm event) followed by network fail is something that needs your attention.

Ok interesting, my broadband is very fast but the house is in a blackspot for phone signal/data, even with running an external antenna id be concerned that when its needed it could let me down anyway so potentially a waste of money. With the fast polling I could get by with just ethernet comms, alarm followed by comms fail would almost certainly be an intruder especially if an internal pir had picked up also? presuming the app will still show me this once the comms has been lost?

You will get push notifications & email alerts up to the time comms is lost.
    After that the last email will be ATS down.
    You will be able to view the log up to that point via your SPC connect account.

You will get push notifications & email alerts up to the time comms is lost.
    After that the last email will be ATS down.
    You will be able to view the log up to that point via your SPC connect account.

Ok great, say for a power cut where comms went and then returned would any alarms that occurred in the interim come through once comms was restored?

I think will go with this setup for now, seems fairly adequate for most situations and possibly add gsm module and ip cam down the line, it seems that no matter what you have there is always around it.

How long would a take a professional installer to change out my system with a new one? Trying to weigh up whether its worth my while figuring out how to do it myself. Thanks again for the help.

Yes, The events when comms are down are buffered. And you also have access from any web browser should your phone be out of coverage.
    An upgrade of panel etc would take a few hours.

I think will go with this setup for now, seems fairly adequate for most situations and possibly add gsm module and ip cam down the line, it seems that no matter what you have there is always around it.

A better option is a separate camera system if going down that route.

A better option is a separate camera system if going down that route.

Yeah true, at least it would be another independant system.

Longshot, but anyone know of anywhere open today around dublin that stocks siemens spc panels? Can't get in during the week

Advertisement