Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Scout or Scare?

Options
  • 04-01-2018 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Well firstly, let me throw it down, a link to my Kindle Scout nomination. I know, I could get poor reviews but I am more than happy with my efforts so be as open as you like.

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/1AWLD19K1CLQY

Next, what is Kindle Scout? Well I have tried the Kdp, and in sending my manuscripts to hopefully land a publisher but it seems to no avail. Kindle Scout was recommended to me in an email blast from Amazon and for what it's worth, here is what you need to do.

1. Upload an unpublished and well edited novel. Over fifty thousand words and not too salty in terms of adult reading.
    2. Design your own cover and think long and hard about your tag line.
    3. Sit back and hope it gets picked up for epub after a period of 45 days.
    4. Receive nominations that according to Amazon, may or may not have any bearing in whether they publish or not.

I do not have the most prolific of social media followers so I don't think I will make the cut. But the caveat they give, is that if your submission is successful, then whomever nominates you, receives a free copy.

So, that's what's happening. Has anyone done it before or have any tips?

Thanks,

PK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Hi all,

Well firstly, let me throw it down, a link to my Kindle Scout nomination. I know, I could get poor reviews but I am more than happy with my efforts so be as open as you like.

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/1AWLD19K1CLQY

Next, what is Kindle Scout? Well I have tried the Kdp, and in sending my manuscripts to hopefully land a publisher but it seems to no avail. Kindle Scout was recommended to me in an email blast from Amazon and for what it's worth, here is what you need to do.

1. Upload an unpublished and well edited novel. Over fifty thousand words and not too salty in terms of adult reading.
    2. Design your own cover and think long and hard about your tag line.
    3. Sit back and hope it gets picked up for epub after a period of 45 days.
    4. Receive nominations that according to Amazon, may or may not have any bearing in whether they publish or not.

I do not have the most prolific of social media followers so I don't think I will make the cut. But the caveat they give, is that if your submission is successful, then whomever nominates you, receives a free copy.

So, that's what's happening. Has anyone done it before or have any tips?

Thanks,

PK

New to me, the whole idea seems strange.
    Sadly due to failing eyesight I can not currently say more than that just now.

Advertisement