Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get started and buy Ripple (and other crypto currency)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,137 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What ID is acceptable for coinbase and what is process to get verified .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What ID is acceptable for coinbase and what is process to get verified .

Drivers licence worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 36,137 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

kceire wrote: »
    Drivers licence worked for me

Cool, thanks.
    So just upload a image of licence? No selfie holding it, or a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Cool, thanks.

Send passport and you're drivers license too.

The extra piece of verification will do you for GDAX (Coinbase parent company exchange) which uses the same credentials as Coinbase buy requires the second verified item

Cool, thanks.

How are you getting on with the process?

As far as I remember, Coinbase let you know exactly what you need to upload and there's a check list as you do it.

I do remember taking selfies with my debit card and my passport, but don't think I had to submit a selfie with the driver's licence.

*Looks back through 'gallery' on phone, cringes at some horrendous selfies*

Nope, no drivers licence selfie, just pics of the licence itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How are you getting on with the process?

As far as I remember, Coinbase let you know exactly what you need to upload and there's a check list as you do it.

I do remember taking selfies with my debit card and my passport, but don't think I had to submit a selfie with the driver's licence.

*Looks back through 'gallery' on phone, cringes at some horrendous selfies*

Nope, no drivers licence selfie, just pics of the licence itself.

I've done the licence several times and it's been rejected.

Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Pussyhands wrote: »

Any tips?

Turn on flash

Turn on flash

I'm thinking the shiny covering on the licence will be all glare in that case. I can try though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

uli84 wrote: »
    which crypto wallet is recommended?

Asked this in another thread, would love to know what other wallets people are using to store XRP. Have some currently on Bittrex.

I'm using Etherscan for ETH and signed up to GateHub earlier today, awaiting verification, etc

GateHub a good one to store Ripple or what would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sc0by

Any tips?

I have a crappy webcam and the camera on my phone isn't working so I was getting nowhere with coinbase verification. Failed 3 times.

I logged in to coinbase and then to gdax.com which recognised that I had a coinbase account.
    On gdax I was able to do verification because they allow you to upload an image of the license and passport that I had taken on a decent digital camera. I also had to do one selfie with the webcam so they could see i was the same person as in the ID's

I got approved within a couple of hours and once I had approval on gdax the same approval showed up in coinbase.

The last step was transferring some money from my bank account to coinbase via SEPA. That took about 2 days. Everything seems verified now and I have €10 in my coinbase euro wallet.
    To the moon /s

• Advertisement

Any tips?

Sorry, only seeing this now.

Is your drivers licence the old pink paper type?

That could be the problem. Unless other boardsies got quick verification with the paper licence?

I had to get my licence renewed last year and they are replacing the paper licence with a more modern plastic card. It's this card I used for my Coinbase verification and had no problem or delay with it.

So, did any of you reading use the old paper licence for successful verification?
    I'm thinking the shiny covering on the licence will be all glare in that case. I can try though...

Try it again, and remove the laminated wallet (assuming it is the old pink licence you have) and switch on the flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

Is your drivers licence the old pink paper type? ....

That's not the problem for Coinbase imho, I have one of those (complete with rabbits ears, folds starting to rip and shaped to resemble my left a$$ cheek), which was accepted.

Thanks,

G.

Binace now back open to registrations (cant seem to edit the OP) :confused:

garrettod wrote: »
    That's not the problem for Coinbase imho, I have one of those (complete with rabbits ears, folds starting to rip and shaped to resemble my left a$$ cheek), which was accepted.

I've tried everything and no good. :(:(

Taking 3 days to send ETH to Kucoin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Is there any issues buying ETH on Coinbase using a Revolut card? Would I have to withdraw to the same card or could I withdraw to a different bank account?

Is there any issues buying ETH on Coinbase using a Revolut card? Would I have to withdraw to the same card or could I withdraw to a different bank account?

You can only do SEPA using your Revolut

You can withdraw to any card or account

• Registered Users Posts: 1 orme

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Ormeus Coin is the name of a new cryptocurrency assembled by a team of cryptocurrency experts, programmers, and developers.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Ormeus Coin brings the “gold-standard” of Bitcoin together with the programmable smart contracts of Ethereum in order to create a coin that has never been seen before in the history of cryptocurrency. A cryptocurrency that is backed by Bitcoin mining and is designed to outpace the growth of Bitcoin.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Ormeus Coin will be backed by Bitcoin and company revenue. Unlike other cryptocurrencies that are only pegged to the value of Bitcoin, Ormeus Coin already owns Bitcoin mining rigs that will back the token. Each Bitcoin Mining rig is capable of producing $500,000 of Bitcoin every 30 days. Ormeus Coin is currently in possession of two BTC Mining rigs and will be purchasing more as time progresses. 40% of all Bitcoin generated by the BTC mining rigs will be reinvested into purchasing more.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Download the ORME White Paper here[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Drumorig

orme wrote: »
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Ormeus Coin is the name of a new cryptocurrency assembled by a team of cryptocurrency experts, programmers, and developers.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Ormeus Coin brings the “gold-standard” of Bitcoin together with the programmable smart contracts of Ethereum in order to create a coin that has never been seen before in the history of cryptocurrency. A cryptocurrency that is backed by Bitcoin mining and is designed to outpace the growth of Bitcoin.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Ormeus Coin will be backed by Bitcoin and company revenue. Unlike other cryptocurrencies that are only pegged to the value of Bitcoin, Ormeus Coin already owns Bitcoin mining rigs that will back the token. Each Bitcoin Mining rig is capable of producing $500,000 of Bitcoin every 30 days. Ormeus Coin is currently in possession of two BTC Mining rigs and will be purchasing more as time progresses. 40% of all Bitcoin generated by the BTC mining rigs will be reinvested into purchasing more.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Download the ORME White Paper here[/font]
    When you see a coin being spammed by someone called orme you know something isn't right.
    Stay well clear of this one lads. They are being called mlm / ponzi...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Forgive my ignorance, but can I store holdings of crypto in a wallet only my local PC instead of one of these online wallets?

Suitably backed up and secured, wouldn't this be safer?

@Mod

Can you please allow me edit my OP..it's a little out of date

Thanks

• Advertisement

So I have DBC on kucoin. I want to buy another coin instead. So I need to transfer to eth and then buy the other coin?

How do I withdraw to eth. I tried earlier but not sure if it worked. I went to my eth wallet and clicked deposit to get the eth wallet address.

Copied it.

Went to my DBC assets and clicked withdraw. Entered the eth wallet address and clicked OK.

Said it was a wrong address though.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

So I have DBC on kucoin. I want to buy another coin instead. So I need to transfer to eth and then buy the other coin?

How do I withdraw to eth. I tried earlier but not sure if it worked. I went to my eth wallet and clicked deposit to get the eth wallet address.

Copied it.

Went to my DBC assets and clicked withdraw. Entered the eth wallet address and clicked OK.

Said it was a wrong address though.

Any ideas?

You need to sell the coin on the ETH/DBC market. You then have ETH to buy your other coin. This is a very basic crypto process. I suggest you do a bit of homework before you lose a lot of money. Transferring a coin into a wrong wallet means the coin is lost forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Absolutely agree with the previous post. You're going to lose yourself a lot of money very quickly if you go trading and moving coins about without understanding the very basics. An exchange is a place for you to buy and sell your coins. You can only do this for actual coin pairings. Generally, on most decent exchanges you should be able to trade any coin for BTC or ETH.

Wallets - only coins of the wallet denomination go into it.

Take a step back and do some reading, watch some intro videos on YouTube, read the beginners thread here etc

Advertisement