Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderly parents reliant on phone

Options
  • 04-01-2018 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My parents' phone was reported on 2/1/18 with a fault. The fault was loud crackling on the line together with loss of service intermittently. Eir now says that the issue is resolved. However it has NOT been resolved as there is still terrible crackling on the line. I have tried to talk to someone about this but the waiting time is prohibitive as I am at work. I raised a new fault on line only to realise that this will now again be yet a further 2 - 3 working days having already been out of service for two days. My elderly parents are totally reliant on the phone for safety, it being their only form of contact. 
    I assume that Eir have a special method of dealing with elderly customers to ensure that they are taken care of as a priority. They are not able to do the press 1 for this and press 2 press 3 press 1 etc. hence I am dealing with the matter for them. Could someone please follow up with this? Many thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Yve1 wrote: »
    My parents' phone was reported on 2/1/18 with a fault. The fault was loud crackling on the line together with loss of service intermittently. Eir now says that the issue is resolved. However it has NOT been resolved as there is still terrible crackling on the line. I have tried to talk to someone about this but the waiting time is prohibitive as I am at work. I raised a new fault on line only to realise that this will now again be yet a further 2 - 3 working days having already been out of service for two days. My elderly parents are totally reliant on the phone for safety, it being their only form of contact. 
    I assume that Eir have a special method of dealing with elderly customers to ensure that they are taken care of as a priority. They are not able to do the press 1 for this and press 2 press 3 press 1 etc. hence I am dealing with the matter for them. Could someone please follow up with this? Many thanks. 
    Hi Yve1,

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the issues your parents have been having. We have no special method in place unfortunately as no one customer would be a priority over another, we try to deal with all customer with the same level of urgency.

If your parents are still experiencing issues I would recommend they contact our support team on 1890 260 260 and they'll assist them there.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement