Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some websites inaccessible - could it be storm damage?

Options
  • 04-01-2018 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I' ve been unable to access some of my usual websites for the last day or so, with various error messages (401 unauthorised access, website not available/not sending any data).  For instance myemail.com (even when googling it and going to its home page, which anyone can see with no logging in).  And same thing with isitdownrightnow.com!  Boards.ie is accessible obviously, and I can also use some websites in the UK and elsewhere - it seems very random.

Could this be due to storm damage to some of eir's servers?  If so, I won't waste any more time checking my own device/home network settings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Fogmatic wrote: »
    I' ve been unable to access some of my usual websites for the last day or so, with various error messages (401 unauthorised access, website not available/not sending any data).  For instance myemail.com (even when googling it and going to its home page, which anyone can see with no logging in).  And same thing with isitdownrightnow.com!  Boards.ie is accessible obviously, and I can also use some websites in the UK and elsewhere - it seems very random.

Could this be due to storm damage to some of eir's servers?  If so, I won't waste any more time checking my own device/home network settings.
    Hi Fogmatic,

This is the first time that an issue accessing certain websites has come to my attention, I have not received any more information. Could it be a case where the websites themselves were down? I'm not certain that an issue could after only certain websites.

Have they worked again since your initial message? because I am not having an issue accessing the websites you mentioned on my own desktop.

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Thanks for the response Tracy.  I haven't been able to find out if the websites are down - I get the same problem with the other ones I know of like isitdownrightnow, and with the other relevant search results I've found.

No, the websites aren't working again for me.  But thank you for trying them, which narrows down the troubleshooting.

I don't know where you are, but I'm in west Donegal in case that makes any difference?  If not, it looks as if it must be my phone or WLAN settings.

It was one of my network settings - Java had got disallowed in my router (probably when I reset it to factory settings). All websites so far are accessible since allowing it again.

It was one of my network settings - Java had got disallowed in my router (probably when I reset it to factory settings).  All websites so far are accessible since allowing it again.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to troubleshoot issues from here, the support team would need to do this on 1890 260 260. They will need to determine the issue. 

I'm sorry I'm not able to assist you further from here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Unfortunately, we are unable to troubleshoot issues from here, the support team would need to do this on 1890 260 260. They will need to determine the issue. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey, but I knew what my issue was, and have already solved it by enabling Java, as above.

• Advertisement

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey, but I knew what my issue was, and have already solved it by enabling Java, as above.
    I'm glad to hear you've had the issue resolved :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement