Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting to a corporate Tenant

Options
  • 04-01-2018 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I’m currently in the process of trying to rent out my house and have been approached by a corporate entity about renting it for at least a year and possibly longer if they get more contracts in the area.

It would be four professionals living in a 4-Bed house and they maintain that they would mainly only be there Monday to Friday.

Has anyone experience of this, is it a good or a bad idea to rent to corporates? I’ve read that the residential tenancy act doesn’t apply to corporate tenants so I assume that’s a positive from a landlords perspective. Would it require a different form of lease?

Cheers,

W.G.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

It is a very good idea indeed.

The lease is the same but a corporate will not give a damn about the RTB nor timescale of rent increases. The employees may come and go in the property and the corporate will be responsible for rent and upkeep. If you can do it, don't hesitate, it's the way to go.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Nice one- I'd bite their hand off.
    You can't beat a reasonable corporate tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Nice one- I'd bite their hand off.
    You can't beat a reasonable corporate tenant.

Reasonable being the key word. Our first letting was corporate. Some of our worst tenants. Their workers were contractors who didn't have an ounce of respect for our property. Terminated lease after 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Caranica wrote: »
    Reasonable being the key word. Our first letting was corporate. Some of our worst tenants. Their workers were contractors who didn't have an ounce of respect for our property. Terminated lease after 5 months

wouldnt a corporate letting include a requirment that a cleaner comes in on a regular basis? I would have assumed those who are staying there wouldnt clean of fix anything themselves and this fact would be all taken into consideration in the contract?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

wouldnt a corporate letting include a requirment that a cleaner comes in on a regular basis? I would have assumed those who are staying there wouldnt clean of fix anything themselves and this fact would be all taken into consideration in the contract?

You certainly *can* specify it- however, its not par du course that it will automatically happen. Obviously- agree an inspection regimen too- and keep in mind- many occupants won't care one iota for the property- they're being handed it on a platter by their employer- so why should they care, they may imagine there are no implications to acting the maggot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

My uncle rents to a huge Internet company, the money just lands in his account and that is all he ever hears from them - think he started renting to them in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

I heard that there are some "corporate" lets happening now via property entering the market and renting from landlords on a corporate basis and then subletting either the rooms or the whole property.
    I havent actually seen any evidence of it myself, but when I was talking about the deal i have done to rent where i live now, someone told me about this.
    Anyone else heard of this?

Advertisement