Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to go on an ordinary holiday to Australia http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ $20

• 04-01-2018 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hello, I'm really confused about how I can obtain a holiday visa for Australia, and I am hoping that someone can help.

I completed an "evisitor" application online a few weeks ago, and then thought that I had obtained the applicable visa, as the Department of Immigration and Border Protection emailed me a "IMMI Grant Notification" pdf document stating: "Notification of grant of a E-Visitor (Class TV) eVisitor (Subclass 651) visa. A decision has been made on this application and visa(s) have been granted to the applicant(s) listed in the attached visa grant notice". The Grant Notice then gives my details and visa conditions.

As I'm concerned that I do not actually have all of the documentation/approval that I need, I had a look at the FAQ on here. The link for an "ordinary holiday" states that the visa costs $20 (I payed nothing) and the linked website states "What you need to know about applying for an ETA online". It then states: "To apply for an ETA online through this website, you must hold a passport from one of the following countries or regions" and Ireland is not listed.

Can someone please clarify, as I am due to fly out in a few days? Let me know if I haven't provided enough details.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

An e visitor 651 costs nothing and allows multiple entries during a year for periods up to 3 months. So you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

amtc wrote: »
    An e visitor 651 costs nothing and allows multiple entries during a year for periods up to 3 months. So you're fine.

Thank you.

The FAQ answer made me a bit anxious. Also a friend told me that he payed 20 when he was there a few months back.

Just ensure your name is exactly as on your passport and you'll be grand. I had my visa as first name surname but i didn't have my middle name and there was a slight kerfuffle.

On the plane as well you will get a green landing card to complete and it should be dead easy from there. Just don't as my mother did and tick she was carrying narcotics etc. (The guy just laughed).

Just ensure your name is exactly as on your passport and you'll be grand. I had my visa as first name surname but i didn't have my middle name and there was a slight kerfuffle.

On the plane as well you will get a green landing card to complete and it should be dead easy from there. Just don't as my mother did and tick she was carrying narcotics etc. (The guy just laughed).

Thanks for the information and the laugh. I haven't seen her on "Border Security: Australia's Front Line" yet.

My mam was interviewed on cnn last night in perth...so at least i know she's there.

Enjoy your holidays! Not sure where you're off to. I've been everywhere but Sydney and love Melbourne but been to Perth lots and Alice Springs and Darwin and Adelaide and Brisbane

• Advertisement

My mam was interviewed on cnn last night in perth...so at least i know she's there.

Enjoy your holidays! Not sure where you're off to. I've been everywhere but Sydney and love Melbourne but been to Perth lots and Alice Springs and Darwin and Adelaide and Brisbane

Cool, I'm going to Adelaide. Planning on Flinders Ranges, Uluru and towns on the way. Any suggestions for south Australia and border areas?

Uluru is amazing ....but expensive. The resort if you're staying has a pile of bars and restaurants. I personally preferred the Olgas...had a bbq there at dusk. You'll laugh when you get there as all the people are wearing hats with full netting over the face. After ten minutes you'll be buying one. As for the hopping field mice...

Don't forget how vast Australia is. It's four hours to fly from Perth to Melbourne. Four hours on a coach from Alice Springs to Uluru. Alice Springs was amazing as everyone looked so poor but the shops were full of Rolexs and huge cars. Turns out half the population are part of a cia training camp located outside town.

There's a budget airline Tiger Air which is good value. My mam is in Perth at the moment and her friend just flew in from Sydney for a few days.

I don't know much about south Australia but one tip I do have is to find one of the episodes of 'wanted down under' and watch it. I did this before Darwin and was dead handy.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and I'll take the advice.

Advertisement