Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another mattress thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Payton

Search for Bigmickey.ie in the boards search bar...there is a thread there.
    Shop around and 'road test' them. Personally i found HN very expensive for most things...someone has to pay for all the advertising they put out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Payton wrote: »
    Search for Bigmickey.ie in the boards search bar...there is a thread there.
    Shop around and 'road test' them. Personally i found HN very expensive for most things...someone has to pay for all the advertising they put out.

I had a look on that site and any of the 5' king size latex mattress with pocket springs are roughly same price as one in HN. One on HN has more springs and at least I am able to road test it

• Company Representative Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I had a look on that site and any of the 5' king size latex mattress with pocket springs are roughly same price as one in HN. One on HN has more springs and at least I am able to road test it

Hi Lex Luthor

Happened to stumble on this. Our website is a very small sample of the stock that we actually carry. The best bargains are in our shop and 3 warehouses in Longford, ready for fast free delivery.. Nearly all our stock is actually in stock. We have many big brands for less than half price of other shops.

If you are comparing our Jade Natural Latex 1500 Pocket to that pillow top one in HN then they are different as chalk and cheese. We don't promote any one sided pillow top mattresses as they are the only type that we had issues with back the years. We only stock them when we would be discounting them to a third of the price that they would normally sell for in the big shops. Our Jade 1500 is a full 1500 big pocket springs (no mini pocket springs) and is filled both sides so you can turn it for longer life. I would imaging it will weight far heavier than that pillow top. If you would like to try one let me know. If you can't come to us we have a mobile display service which operates in Dublin mostly. We have some clearance lines on offer for January so there may be something to suit you in stock at a big discount.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi Lex Luthor

Happened to stumble on this. Our website is a very small sample of the stock that we actually carry. The best bargains are in our shop and 3 warehouses in Longford, ready for fast free delivery.. Nearly all our stock is actually in stock. We have many big brands for less than half price of other shops.

If you are comparing our Jade Natural Latex 1500 Pocket to that pillow top one in HN then they are different as chalk and cheese. We don't promote any one sided pillow top mattresses as they are the only type that we had issues with back the years. We only stock them when we would be discounting them to a third of the price that they would normally sell for in the big shops. Our Jade 1500 is a full 1500 big pocket springs (no mini pocket springs) and is filled both sides so you can turn it for longer life. I would imaging it will weight far heavier than that pillow top. If you would like to try one let me know. If you can't come to us we have a mobile display service which operates in Dublin mostly. We have some clearance lines on offer for January so there may be something to suit you in stock at a big discount.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Thanks for the info

Went road testing a few mattresses today

Do you stock ODEAREST or Irish Legacy?

I like the Odearest Farmleigh Pocket 1800 or the Irish Legacy Advanced life Pocket 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Big mickey, do you know from your customers reviews if the John Lewis 5000 sleeps cold and if soft? My missus contacted you, we are happy with natural fibers, 5000 pocket sprungs, but just wonder about the rest. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    Big mickey, do you know from your customers reviews if the John Lewis 5000 sleeps cold and if soft? My missus contacted you, we are happy with natural fibers, 5000 pocket sprungs, but just wonder about the rest. Thanks

There's a dedicated thread here that you might get an answer on quicker. They seem to be very active there, but might miss it here.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Casperbhoy wrote: »

Apologies for the late reply. Only saw this now. The John Lewis is totally natural and breathable. It is medium firm . We have sold many hundreds of them and everyone appears very happy with them. They should not get very hot as there is not memory foam in them.

Thanks

Bigmickey

Advertisement