Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from full EV i3

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Casati wrote: »
    .... ie most people’s commute doesnt decrease as it gets colder...

Just to clarify what the OP said: its not the commute that is getting shorter, it is the range in cold weather and dark: My leaf suffered in the cold for two reasons: one the battery does not like the cold and increased use of heat and lights in car.

Lights and heat consumption matter to me when I drive 177km every weekend on a full charge: in the dark and cold when I drive to Nenagh, takes about 2 hrs, so an extra 300-500 W draw is the difference between being able to do it in one go or a forced stop in Roscrea or Obama Platz

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

"I had looked at the Rex and also a brand new 33kWh i3 but the new model is too expensive and the Rex would just be another compromise like the 330e will be. Id hope the 330e holds it's value better than a Rex would work this is my thinking" why not import one from the uk in a few months? They are a rip off here.

I got my 33 Kwh High Spec i3 for a good deal, dealer car.

Look out for deals.

Again, just to mention that the Rex is no compromise, not compared to any BEV. Remember the 33 Kwh Rex will keep you driving as long as you've got petrol in the tank, get to a DC charger and find it down and see what kind of a compromise a BEV is with the current charging infrastructure or find 2 cars ahead of you while one is already charging or some asshole disappears for an hour or more.

The 33 Kwh i3 also has 3 phase 11 Kw which as far as I'm aware is standard. This is highly useful due to the number of 22 Kw AC points we have in Ireland. If a DC charger is down, go to AC point and in 1 hr receive almost 11 Kwh, or 22 Kwh in 2 hrs.

The 3.3 Kw Leaf will take 7.5 hrs to get 22 Kwh and the 6.6 Kw Leaf will take about 3 hrs 45 mins to receive 22 Kw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

I got my 33 Kwh High Spec i3 for a good deal, dealer car.

Look out for deals.

Again, just to mention that the Rex is no compromise, not compared to any BEV. Remember the 33 Kwh Rex will keep you driving as long as you've got petrol in the tank, get to a DC charger and find it down and see what kind of a compromise a BEV is with the current charging infrastructure or find 2 cars ahead of you while one is already charging or some asshole disappears for an hour or more.

The 33 Kwh i3 also has 3 phase 11 Kw which as far as I'm aware is standard. This is highly useful due to the number of 22 Kw AC points we have in Ireland. If a DC charger is down, go to AC point and in 1 hr receive almost 11 Kwh, or 22 Kwh in 2 hrs.

The 3.3 Kw Leaf will take 7.5 hrs to get 22 Kwh and the 6.6 Kw Leaf will take about 3 hrs 45 mins to receive 22 Kw.

I don't know if I'd call it a very good deal

It wasn't bad

Dealer still made over 5k off you, as you can get similar i3 from the UK on the road here for under 30k

You paid 37k

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711060989514?advertising-location=at_cars&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2017&postcode=m52ty&model=I3&page=1&make=BMW&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New

I did not pay 37K , I'm leasing and the lease will cost me about 4,000 more than the New Leaf SVE did on lease, the i3 has 9,500 kms and is a hell of a lot nicer better to drive the car. I loved the Leaf, the i3 is a completely different league.

I got a very good deal based on the cost and spec V what I could find in Ireland, remember the car was about 52K new with that spec.

I don't care what I could have got in the U.K because I'm not buying the car but leasing.

thierry14 wrote: »

Oh and buy the way if you're going to link to a car in the U.K at least give a link to something that has half the spec of mine and not just a basic spec ! That car is missing thousands worth of kit !

I did not pay 37K , I'm leasing and the lease will cost me about 4,000 more than the New Leaf SVE did on lease, the i3 has 9,500 kms and is a hell of a lot nicer better to drive the car. I loved the Leaf, the i3 is a completely different league.

I got a very good deal based on the cost and spec V what I could find in Ireland, remember the car was about 52K new with that spec.

I don't care what I could have got in the U.K because I'm not buying the car but leasing.

Your not leasing

Your doing pcp with optional final payment, completely different than leasing

Oh and buy the way if you're going to link to a car in the U.K at least give a link to something that has half the spec of mine and not just a basic spec ! That car is missing thousands worth of kit !

I just picked first good looking one I saw

You should make more effort if going to the bother of looking up a car and posting.

• Advertisement

You should make more effort if going to the bother of looking up a car and posting.

Is that similar

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801052463967?advertising-location=at_cars&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2017&postcode=m52ty&model=I3&page=1&make=BMW&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New

Whats the story with your leasing?

Would love to here it lol

Not even close........ and it looks the same as the first one you linked to apart from the colour I see no difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Casati wrote: »
    Very surprised to hear your only getting 70-80km even in the cold weather, I wonder if something is wrong with your car? This is the type of user feedback that scares me big time - ie most people’s commute doesnt decrease as it gets colder

My guess is that your i3 has cost you 20k for two years motoring so even after paying for petrol I can’t see the 330e costing anything like much over the next two years. I guess a three year old 330e would still be worth 20k and the petrol cost for 66000km at 7 l per 100km would be 7k but that assumes you’d never charge it. So simple maths total depreciation and fuel for next two years would be less than 14k and maybe a lot less if you charge it a lot

Question- are you sure mileage won’t affect the half rule? That’s v interesting if that’s the case. How about vehicle condition, if you have a dent in the doors does that also not effect the way half rule works? If that’s the case then this is a big benefit with PCP

I had contacted the dealership about having the battery checked. I lost confidence in them when Cros13 had far more technical knowledge than what the service department were saying. So in the end I didn't bother as the trip up would be a sales pitch for a newer model.
    I push the car hard, it's how I like to drive so I'm sure I could get better but I hate seeing EVs trundling along likes snails.
    I'm getting a pretty good deal on the 330e and only plan on keeping the car for 1-2 years max. So depreciation should be very little when I trade or sell here, even better if the government were to drop vrt incentives for phev :D
    I will be back in a full EV asap but in the meantime the 330e should be fun.

Mileage with the half rule, hmmm it's a grey area and I actually fancy testing it. A few in the UK have basically pointed to the consumer credit act which states after paying 50% of the total cost you don't have to pay a penny more. Some take that as overriding the excess mileage clauses in the contract. Nobody has yet taken it to court as a test and I'd say banks/dealers don't want that set in stone so will avoid for that reason.
    We have pretty much the same law in this regards. So I will be pointing to that and lets see what happens. Otherwise it's 5 cent per KM
    Idbatterim wrote: »
    "I had looked at the Rex and also a brand new 33kWh i3 but the new model is too expensive and the Rex would just be another compromise like the 330e will be. Id hope the 330e holds it's value better than a Rex would work this is my thinking" why not import one from the uk in a few months? They are a rip off here.
    Kind of wanted something now. Its the winter weather that's killing me. My usage has changed slightly and I'm needing FCPs to get places. There always seems to be a queue and I can't handle it anymore.

Just get the 33 Kwh i3 rex ! :-)

stesaurus wrote: »
    I had contacted the dealership about having the battery checked. I lost confidence in them when Cros13 had far more technical knowledge than what the service department were saying. So in the end I didn't bother as the trip up would be a sales pitch for a newer model.
    I push the car hard, it's how I like to drive so I'm sure I could get better but I hate seeing EVs trundling along likes snails.
    I'm getting a pretty good deal on the 330e and only plan on keeping the car for 1-2 years max. So depreciation should be very little when I trade or sell here, even better if the government were to drop vrt incentives for phev :D
    I will be back in a full EV asap but in the meantime the 330e should be fun.

Mileage with the half rule, hmmm it's a grey area and I actually fancy testing it. A few in the UK have basically pointed to the consumer credit act which states after paying 50% of the total cost you don't have to pay a penny more. Some take that as overriding the excess mileage clauses in the contract. Nobody has yet taken it to court as a test and I'd say banks/dealers don't want that set in stone so will avoid for that reason.
    We have pretty much the same law in this regards. So I will be pointing to that and lets see what happens. Otherwise it's 5 cent per KM

Kind of wanted something now. Its the winter weather that's killing me. My usage has changed slightly and I'm needing FCPs to get places. There always seems to be a queue and I can't handle it anymore.

I would get the 330e as well

Much faster car and looks much better than i3

Would love one but will wait for similar performance model 3

Depreciation won't be that bad on both, they've depreciated a crazy amount already

i3 rex will probably hold slightly better and will of course be cheaper to run, but little you spend on petrol will be worth it, 330e is really quick in a straight line, especially rolling acceleration

It is a complicated mess though, wouldn't have one out of warranty, alot to wrong with them.

Advertisement