Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mike Dean v. Spurs and West Ham match thread

• 04-01-2018 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Sissoko, Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Son, Kane

Subs: Trippier, Lamela, Wanyama, Vorm, Llorente, Dembele, Winks

West Ham: Adrian, Reid, Ogbonna, Rice, Zabaleta, Kouyate, Noble, Obiang, Masuaku, Lanzini, Hernandez

Subs: Carroll, Ayew, Haksabanovic, Hart, Martinez, Quina, Makasi

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

WHU have no chance now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spurs scored ten in last 3, West Ham conceded eight in last three, this could get really ugly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Spurs scored ten in last 3, West Ham conceded eight in last three, this could get really ugly.

West Ham are actually in decent league form really, compared to the first few months. Only one loss in six.

WDWLDW

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    West Ham are actually in decent league form really, compared to the first few months. Only one loss in six.

WDWLDW

Yeah just showing signs at the back in this congested period that they're feeling the pace though. Can't see Spurs not hitting them for a few.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Yeah just showing signs at the back in this congested period that they're feeling the pace though. Can't see Spurs not hitting them for a few.

Yeah, looks like its gonna be a loooong 90 minutes for those WH defenders.

• Advertisement

What a cracker of a ball to find Davies just outside the box. Unreal, outside of the boot, flat, chip kinda thing.. not sure who played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ireland need to cap Rice in our next competitive game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

West Ham will not keep this up.

Excellent half from West Ham to be fair. Very well organized and disciplined stuff from them, really reducing Spurs to just speculative efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Whistle for half time blown two seconds before the 45th minute...fair play to Mike Dean for making it all about him again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Keep forgetting Lamela is still at Spurs...must get very little gametime.

West Ham are comfortable, Lanzini very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

All one-way traffic. Only a matter of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What an awful match

It's really surprising how poor Spurs have been, no consistent high tempo, just so slow to build up play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

What's the attendances tonight, looks half empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think West Ham can hold out for the 90 the way this is going. Looks like Spurs will get one very soon with the way things are going right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hahaha

what a goal

Well that was a cracker, great goal from Obiang.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't think West Ham can hold out for the 90 the way this is going. Looks like Spurs will get one very soon with the way things are going right now.

I dunno... I mean, it's all one way stuff, but it hasn't actually looked all that tiring for West Ham I think, so I don't think the usual late mistakes from a team under the cosh are as likely today. Poor enough stuff from Spurs so far. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see West Ham nick one late on either.

I dunno... I mean, it's all one way stuff, but it hasn't actually looked all that tiring for West Ham I think, so I don't think the usual late mistakes from a team under the cosh are as likely today. Poor enough stuff from Spurs so far. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see West Ham nick one late on either.

Oh yes. Bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's an outstanding goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Cracking goal

You posted this a tad late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Unbelievable strike, one of the goals of the season...and sets up an entertaining derby nicely !

Spurs are very slow up front tonight.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You posted this a tad late.

first world streaming problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Spurs are very slow up front tonight.

So slow Mark Noble is able to keep up with it & that's slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Mike Dean ignores two blatant penalties for spurs players and then west ham score with their only shot of the entire timewasting game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

davycc wrote: »
    Mike Dean ignores two blatant penalties for spurs players and then west ham score with their only shot of the entire timewasting game

Justice for all the offside goals spurs have won games with, and the Alli diving :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah how could Mike Dean let Obiang score that? Did he know it was their first shot of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I reckon notes in for poch

Alli has been very poor.

davycc wrote: »

Can't blame 'em really though. Relegation battling, away against a top team.

They came with a plan, and they've executed perfectly. Been totally in control of what they wanted to do.

Anything you can do, I can do better...

Wow two absolute screamers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Fûckkkk meeee what a finish....two sublime goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Shocking from Mark Noble.

Cracker from Son, terrific strike. Looked to be about the only way they were gonna get a breakthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Noble was poor there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Wow !!!! What an equaliser.

What was Sanchez at there... blessed WH didn't score

• Advertisement

Lovely bit of attacking play from West Ham there.

Pick that one out Adrian you timewasting Feck

Wonder if Rice will start to get notions of playing for the actual country he's from if performances like tonight continue. Can't see why he'd opt for an international career of ****ness over potentially playing for an international side with major competition credentials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yes that was deliberate hand ball, like WTF

Get up lazini you diving sham, 90 minutes straight rolling around the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Spurs getting away with murder these past few weeks. Kane and Alli should both have walked against City, Sanchez should have gone at Swansea and that was a foul by Aurier in the lead up to Son's goal tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Two points dropped by Spurs is something i definitely would have taken before the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

blueser wrote: »
    Spurs getting away with murder these past few weeks. Kane and Alli should both have walked against City, Sanchez should have gone at Swansea and that was a foul by Aurier in the lead up to Son's goal tonight.

It was poor alright, you just can't tackle like that anymore and expect to get away with it (unless Mike Dean is reffing, then anything goes)

I'm not a fan of him, but have to say fair ****s to Moyes. Looks to have rediscovered some of his Everton abilities. That was a performance West Ham simply wouldn't have been capable of a few months ago. Resolute and organized, and only beaten by an absolute world class strike. Otherwise, made Spurs attack look very ordinary.

He even looks less generally grey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

monkey9 wrote: »
    It was poor alright, you just can't tackle like that anymore and expect to get away with it (unless Mike Dean is reffing, then anything goes)
    It was a foul. Not a red card or anything silly like that. Like you said though, Mike Dean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement