Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mike Dean v. Spurs and West Ham match thread

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Aurier got the ball, which is why no foul was given. Lanzini's theatrics probably didn't help him (he does do it regularly). I can understand them feeling pissed with the call. If anyone can feel annoyed by the ref though, it's Spurs. 1 definite penalty, and two others could easily have been given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Kiith wrote: »
    Aurier got the ball, which is why no foul was given. Lanzini's theatrics probably didn't help him (he does do it regularly). I can understand them feeling pissed with the call. If anyone can feel annoyed by the ref though, it's Spurs. 1 definite penalty, and two others could easily have been given.

Dean is still wrong not to award the free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Dier and Sissoko are rot for Spurs if a team sits back against them like that. Dier is so, so slow in possession and his passing is cat. Not sure anything more needs to be said about Sissoko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of him, but have to say fair ****s to Moyes. Looks to have rediscovered some of his Everton abilities. That was a performance West Ham simply wouldn't have been capable of a few months ago. Resolute and organized, and only beaten by an absolute world class strike. Otherwise, made Spurs attack look very ordinary.

He even looks less generally grey!

Yea. Biggest call looks like dropping having the balls to drop Joe Hart, unlike Bilic was. Adrian is simply a better keeper, and throwing 120k p/with away on Hart was nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Kiith wrote: »
    Aurier got the ball, which is why no foul was given.

Christ, I mean he touched the ball, but it was a pretty reckless challenge. Normally when you're sliding in, legs all over the shop, in no control of yourself, you give away a free and potentially a yellow.

Lanzini should have passed the ball before it ever happened though, could have released a 2 on 2 had he been looking up.

Draw a fair result all in all though I think.

• Always good to see spurs drop points
    Thanks Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mike was making sure he was giving no penalties tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm not a fan of him, but have to say fair ****s to Moyes. Looks to have rediscovered some of his Everton abilities. That was a performance West Ham simply wouldn't have been capable of a few months ago. Resolute and organized, and only beaten by an absolute world class strike. Otherwise, made Spurs attack look very ordinary.

He even looks less generally grey!

Both himself and Hodgson have done very well this season considering the stick they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

monkey9 wrote: »
    Both himself and Hodgson have done very well this season considering the stick they get.

Yup, from being in serious danger of going down not long ago, they now have the best and second best form records of any team from 7th down. Impressive stuff to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Yup, from being in serious danger of going down not long ago, they now have the best and second best form records of any team from 7th down. Impressive stuff to be fair.
    Next 5 league games will be massive for Moyes. We've got Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Palace, Brighton and Watford. We really should be aiming for at least 10 points from them.
    He's done surprisingly well recently, especially given the crippling injury list. Think we were down 7 first team players due to injuries today. Hopefully it'll be a youth team against Shrewsbury on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Mike was making sure he was giving no penalties tonight.

Definitely zabaletta pulled down Kane from behind and Adrian punching the crap out of alli but completely missed the ball.

Mike Dean is untouchable I agree 100%with Wenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

davycc wrote: »
    Definitely zabaletta pulled down Kane from behind and Adrian punching the crap out of alli but completely missed the ball.

Mike Dean is untouchable I agree 100%with Wenger

Spurs have been the beneficiaries of some very lenient referring decisions lately, swings and roundabouts tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

davycc wrote: »
    Mike Dean ignores two blatant penalties for spurs players and then west ham score with their only shot of the entire timewasting game

And spurs score from what was a blatant foul on Lanzini, but of course, it’s Mike Dean and it’s Spurs

Advertisement