Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osteopath Recommendations in Dublin, Louth, East Meath?

Options
  • 04-01-2018 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

We're already getting our little one (7 month old) physiotherapy at Temple Street but as she has such a preference to her left side we're willing to try and do anything to help correct the 'inbalance'. Can anyone recommend an osteopath in the areas mentioned in the title?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Odd combo of locations there but we used Ballykea osteopath in Loughshinney on our second.Have to say they were lovely, very professional.They usually do three sessions as standard and then will.discuss with you if they think more are needed.Our little one actually had no issues, but we had a rough time with our first, so I guess I was just kind of covering myself!
    I belive there is a guy in Malahide too who is very good- can't remember his name but if you google he will find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Pembroke Osteopath clinic - Google it, its 70e for an appointment and i would recommend without hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Have temple Street advised you go to an osteopath? Temple Street are the experts in dealing with head preference if you want to help your child follow through on their advice and don't waste time on quacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Can I ask if your child has colic?

I’ve heard of children with alignment issues from birth having colic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Have temple Street advised you go to an osteopath? Temple Street are the experts in dealing with head preference if you want to help your child follow through on their advice and don't waste time on quacks.

They haven't and we are of course following all their exercises but she has such a preference that we're willing to try something else alongside Temple Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

They haven't and we are of course following all their exercises but she has such a preference that we're willing to try something else alongside Temple Street.

i would say dont.
    it may take time but temple street are the experts stick to what they are saying, if you really want to make sure you discuss it with Temple st first do not go on a solo run with it.
    if your child is getting physio in temple st and you wanted extra care then perhaps there would be more merit in going to a private physio as well, again i'd ask the physio in temple st whether he/she thinks it would help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

daheff wrote: »
    Can I ask if your child has colic?

I’ve heard of children with alignment issues from birth having colic.

Our first actually had suspected torticullis (runs on my side of he family too, which is odd) and reflux (often otherwise known as colic :-) ) She had an appoinment with Temple st at 12 weeks by which time she had stopped the preference for turning her head one way only thankfully. It was only a year later I heard of the link between the two, hence our osteopath visits on no.2. Who was an extremely windy baby but othrwise fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My friend raves about Pam Synge.
    My sister brought her son to the guy in malahide. She didn’t notice a difference but maybe it’s because he needed physio? He is grand now...his flat head has rounded/hair has grown either way it looks grand! He was slow to crawl and walk too but physio sorted him out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Went with Rachel in Loughshinny in the end, thanks for the suggestions.

Advertisement