Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time insurance Volkswagen Golf

Options
  • 04-01-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I’m thinking of purchasing my first car, hopefully a golf. Axa seems to be the cheepest provider but I am wondering about the differences in prices on different models. I priced insurance on 1.6 diesel golfs. One was a 2014 tendline 90bhp and the other was a 2014 blue motion SE 105bhp. I received a higher quote on the trendline. Can anyone explain the difference as I was expecting it to be the other way around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

CH2205 wrote: »
    I’m thinking of purchasing my first car, hopefully a golf. Axa seems to be the cheepest provider but I am wondering about the differences in prices on different models. I priced insurance on 1.6 diesel golfs. One was a 2014 tendline 90bhp and the other was a 2014 blue motion SE 105bhp. I received a higher quote on the trendline. Can anyone explain the difference as I was expecting it to be the other way around?

The higher spec car may have more passive safety features like emergency braking or acc. These reduce the chance of an accident so drop the insurance rating.

Advertisement