Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD business and law or law with economics?

Options
  • 04-01-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I’d like to know what the major differences are between these two courses

For example,

1. How are the modules split up for each course? (In what ratio is business studied alongside law, and in what ratio is economics studied alongside law, in each respective course? And also, how does this change throughout the 4 years of the degrees?)

2. Are there personality differences between the b&l students and the ‘law with’ students?

3. In regards to the 3rd year Erasmus exchange, are there less opportunities for the b&l students to secure a place?

I would also like to know if all the b&l students are unsure as to what career path they wish to choose, or whether most actually know and are using the other subject (be it law or business) as an advantage in their already chosen career paths?

I personally, would like to be a lawyer and believe that the business side of my degree would benefit me in the legal world by providing me with an in-depth understanding of business affairs. At the moment, I see commercial/business law as an interesting area to specialize in in the future.

If anyone could offer me insight on what I’ve written above, I’d really appreciate it!

Advertisement