Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returned item but was charged again instead of refunded

Options
  • 04-01-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭

I bought an item online over Xmas but it didn't fit, so I returned it to a branch of the store in person for a refund when I was there over the holidays. I got a receipt back to say it was refunded (but not a credit card receipt) and now that the transaction has gone through on my credit card, it has actually been charged again on my card rather than refunded. So I have paid twice for an item that I have not even kept. I am going to ring them first thing tomorrow but I have a feeling they will make me call into the shop with my credit card statement etc. (I could offer to scan it but I imagine they will still want to deal with me in person) but it is a significant hassle for me to get to the store as I live quite a bit away.

Do you think I am justified/entitled to sort the issue over the phone rather than having to call in? I just want to know if I am being reasonable or not I guess!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I bought an item online over Xmas but it didn't fit, so I returned it to a branch of the store in person for a refund when I was there over the holidays. I got a receipt back to say it was refunded (but not a credit card receipt) and now that the transaction has gone through on my credit card, it has actually been charged again on my card rather than refunded. So I have paid twice for an item that I have not even kept. I am going to ring them first thing tomorrow but I have a feeling they will make me call into the shop with my credit card statement etc. (I could offer to scan it but I imagine they will still want to deal with me in person) but it is a significant hassle for me to get to the store as I live quite a bit away.

Do you think I am justified/entitled to sort the issue over the phone rather than having to call in? I just want to know if I am being reasonable or not I guess!

Thanks

Once you can email them a copy of the refund and the 2 transactions I don't see why they would need you to be in store. Give them a shout and explain your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The error is with the branch you returned the item to, so that's who I'd call .

I'd also be calling early - that will give them time to get it sorted by end of the day. The receipt will have a reference number which will allow easy search on their system.

I can't see any reason you'd need to call in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks guys!

Advertisement