Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I like the Prequels.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Gbear wrote: »

The whole force baby thing was about Plagueis manipulating the midichlorians to create life, but it happened somewhere and he was never able to track it down. I can't recall was it revealed to either of them in the book that it's Anakin. I think he also killed some guy using the force and then brought him back to life. He didn't choke him or whatever. He just made him dead.

Mind blown... I never copped that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Not to rain on the parade but that book was among those jettisoned from canon. But that said Plageuis is a hugely popular character so you may see him brought back in at some point in some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

david75 wrote: »
    Not to rain on the parade but that book was among those jettisoned from canon. But that said Plageuis is a hugely popular character so you may see him brought back in at some point in some form.

Like the Darth Bane trilogy I think it's one of those that's in limbo.

I think you can near enough take it as canon. It's unlikely that they'll be significantly retconned. At worst, they'll be left alone as stories.

It's not like the post Endor stories that had to all be destroyed for the new canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spndlewick

The prequels aren't BAD films, not Tommy Wiseau bad, really they just suffered from George Lucas having an immunity form editors, when the originals were made, Lucas was bouncing ideas of the likes of Spielberg, Coppola, Lawrence Kasdan among others (as I'm sure they did with him) - and remember, the scripts for Empire and Jedi (where the films have a great deal more depth) were penned by other writers, not Lucas. this sort of collaboration tended to let good ideas accumulate and pare away weaker ones.

The prequels were a great example of why you shouldn't surround yourself with yes men - however, there is still the cores of three solid films in there. The other problem was a TOTAL lack of chemistry between Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman. Personally, I think Joel Edgerton, who payed young uncle owen might have been a very solid Anakin Skywalker,

• Advertisement
Advertisement