Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping on grand canal dock...beware

Options
  • 04-01-2018 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Just a word of warning to anyone parking in this vicinity, particularly on fenian street. Loading bays are not marked as such as they are on the neighbouring streets (sign painted on the ground). Paying for a ticket and displaying it will give you no amnesty. (My appeal failed). When I returned there were 4 cars including my own clamped. It shows how misleading the signage is. It should be more clearly marked and I will be notifying the NRA about this. There is only one legit parking bay on the street and the pay and display notice only applies to this bay and not the street. The car was clamped within 7 minutes. Beware

Comments

That's a fûckin disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Allinall

Curious as to how you know they're loading bays?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

That's a fûckin disgrace

It is around the corner from the theatre and beside a 5 star hotel. I would wager many tourists have been caught the same way. If so, failte Ireland should take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Allinall wrote: »

The red zone has always been for loading and unloading of passengers. There's never stopping in a white zone.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Allinall wrote: »

Written on a sign above the bay in the middle of other info. Not clear enough. Caught me and 3 others, 2 had purchased tickets and one parked after 7pm thinking it was ok (parking restriction info on street indicated this). You don't think u will be caught until it happens. I am flagging this to help others avoid the same mistake as it is a mistake that many are making unawares.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to the Dublin city forum. Please read the local charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Where on Fenian Street was this? There's loads of parking on Fenian street so I don't know why you said only one parking bay. Just trying to figure out where this happened because I park there the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I would hazard a guess that this is the specific location

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

I would hazard a guess that this is the specific location

The signage looks pretty clear though I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

I wonder when people here will start fighting back against the clampers like they do in other countries ?

• Advertisement

tobsey wrote: »
    Where on Fenian Street was this? There's loads of parking on Fenian street so I don't know why you said only one parking bay. Just trying to figure out where this happened because I park there the odd time.

My mistake, it was Hibernian Road up between the Marker hotel and The Theatre. Fenian and Hibernian got me all confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

eddie73 wrote: »
    My mistake, it was Hibernian Road up between the Marker hotel and The Theatre. Fenian and Hibernian got me all confused.

Two observations, in this part of town the parking does not seem to be the usual city council arrangements, the signage is not clear but does imply that the bay are private and not part of the public road. Secondly, on Hibernian road there is no legal on street parking, as it has a solid line throughout, so only a bay could be used.

Two observations, in this part of town the parking does not seem to be the usual city council arrangements, the signage is not clear but does imply that the bay are private and not part of the public road. Secondly, on Hibernian road there is no legal on street parking, as it has a solid line throughout, so only a bay could be used.

Not so...

They have one 'legal' bay for parking. This enables them to advertise parking times and ticketing hours, while at the same time have a 24 hour ban on parking on the loading bays that are not well marked. You would park in error in a split second, especially if someone else has already parked in a loading bay ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Those streets are owned by the Dublin Docklands Development Authority and the bays are clearly signposted as Apcoa policing them. They have nothing to do with Dublin Corporation and so illegal parking is enforced. I've driven there many times as my wife used to work in the area and I had to wait in the car for her. All areas in Grand Canal docks that Apcoa are responsible for are clearly signposted. Neither the corporation, NRA or any other body will be interested in your objections.

Those streets are owned by the Dublin Docklands Development Authority and the bays are clearly signposted as Apcoa policing them. They have nothing to do with Dublin Corporation and so illegal parking is enforced. I've driven there many times as my wife used to work in the area and I had to wait in the car for her. All areas in Grand Canal docks that Apcoa are responsible for are clearly signposted. Neither the corporation, NRA or any other body will be interested in your objections.

Why did you feel the need to edit your text Fighting Tao?

Why did you feel the need to edit your text Fighting Tao?

:rolleyes:
    I could ask you the same of your previous post. What is the point of your question?

I edited this one too just to play with ya!

:rolleyes:
    I could ask you the same of your previous post. What is the point of your question?

I edited this one too just to play with ya!

I edited mine to properly attach a photo.

Yourself and your wife are most likely well used to that area and if people drove around that place a few times like yourselves, you would eventually get the signage. The clamping was not just an issue for me, a load of others are getting caught there. Its important that people are aware that they are fair game unless they are vigilant.

I edited mine to properly attach a photo.

Yourself and your wife are most likely well used to that area and if people drove around that place a few times like yourselves, you would eventually get the signage. The clamping was not just an issue for me, a load of others are getting caught there. Its important that people are aware that they are fair game unless they are vigilant.

Anywhere I park regardless of the town or city I look for signs. People who don’t look for them get clamped. Such as the streets around the 3Arena where some streets are public and others private. Many people get clamped in the private st by not reading the sign. Others get clamped parking in the taxi bay on Castleforbes Road. It is also signposted.

Advertisement