Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Credit Card Terminal

Options
  • 04-01-2018 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

A business I do some work with needs a mobile credit card terminal to allow on the day registrations at events. I was looking at the sumup card reader and it looks like itll do what we need it to. https://sumup.ie/air-nfc-card-reader/?prc=EU39AIR

Has anyone any experience with this product? Any caveats or need to knows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Works grand. Only downside is the %. I used to use it at events and as a back up and never had any issues and the payouts are quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭katkev

Ii use Sumup in my coffee shop. It used to work very well, but lately, I am having so many problems, the phone doesn't connect, the transaction declines, takes ages for a transaction to go through, and also, they charge 1.95% from the amount. I am looking for a different terminal, because, when the shop is busy and if I have a queue on the till, the terminal delays us a lot more. Apart from that, they are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Sorry I meant to reply to this before now. I bought the terminal, connected it no problem and put my first transaction though. Great.

And that's where it all began to go wrong. It wouldn't 'wake' up to put a subsequent transaction through. I spent a ridiculous amount of time onto sumup disconnecting, reconnecting etc and they've now decided the terminal is faulty. Waiting on a new one to come now but I'm not feeling the love anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6 robdmck

Hi Guys,

Looking to get a sumup myself. I see the refer a friend is an option with them which gives 20€ to referer and 20€ discount to person refered. Would someone be able to refer me?

Advertisement