Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV System for Home Install

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Golf Delta Delta

Spec is decent enough for the price, but you will get slammed with import duty and VAT before DHL will release it to you. Also if a unit is faulty you will have to pay to ship it back to china.
    You should look on eBay for an Irish or UK supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

Spec is decent enough for the price, but you will get slammed with import duty and VAT before DHL will release it to you. Also if a unit is faulty you will have to pay to ship it back to china.
    You should look on eBay for an Irish or UK supplier

Should i be go and play it save and just but the Hikvision kit that's retailing with cctvireland.ie? It doesn't have the spec but i hear a lot of people raving on about the quality of the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

My understanding of "pretty comprehensive set up with an 8 channel unit" kind of puzzles me...can you define your desired requirements or setup, what or where zones, what kind of coverage, what distance to the end object/area for IR coverage and location of cameras and recorder for easy cabling (coax with power OR CAT6 with PoE) ?

All the systems doing the same re/de_coding,basically a Linux box and a hard drive.
    In each and every camera,you pick-up a brand is more or less same SONY or other brand chipset.
    Software and mobile phone app access may be different across the market but these days, i will choose a system that has P2P instead of "port forwarding" any second !!!
    Not lastly, all built by some poor Chinese guy paid with a tenner a day.

Differnce is "the person" behind the trade or cash desk and the experience that is been given to you,as a pre-sales and after-sales.

Dont know why but it looks like IP cameras and NVRs are becoming more popular these days ?
    Mine is a standard coax analog and the quality ,duno how to say it but, not getting better .
    Got few PTZ cameras that i struggle to get them working but hey,on the paper autotrack and panning and touring looks fantastic ?
    Do i need them,can they be setup to work ? Dunno...

Ok - Looks like this is the final outcome...

Swann 8 Channel 4 camera POE system

Any issues you can identify guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

laurpat wrote: »
    Ok - Looks like this is the final outcome...

Swann 8 Channel 4 camera POE system

Any issues you can identify guys?

I'm no expert but a 2 tb HDD will not store 160 days plus

You would be looking at tops a week with 4 cameras running 24. 7

• Advertisement

deckie27 wrote: »
    I'm no expert but a 2 tb HDD will not store 160 days plus

You would be looking at tops a week with 4 cameras running 24. 7

Thinking of adding two additional cameras down the road, not much good so a 2TB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Hi
    Looking a little advice
    Have a SwannView dvr connected to 1 ptz camera & 2 ir cameras.
    The dvr has stopped working
    Funds are a bit tight at mo, what’s a good fix

Advertisement