Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling car

Options
  • 04-01-2018 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I will be renewing with Liberty (for the 4th year in a row) later this month. I'll be moving closer to work during the year and won't need my car for the forseeable future. I plan to sell it in April. How does this work when I pay by direct debit? Do I simply ask for payments to be cancelled after April? Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Musefan wrote: »
    Hi, 

I will be renewing with Liberty (for the 4th year in a row) later this month. I'll be moving closer to work during the year and won't need my car for the forseeable future. I plan to sell it in April. How does this work when I pay by direct debit? Do I simply ask for payments to be cancelled after April? Thanks
    Hi Musefan,
    Sorry to hear you will be cancelling your policy. You can cancel at anytime by writing to us and returning the certificate and disc. As you have been with us more than one year, when you cancel you are charged for your days on cover plus an administration fee of 50e. We calculate the charge for your time on cover and how much you have paid in instalments up to that point and see if there is any charge or refund remaining.
    You can refer to your policy booklet on page 6 for full terms and conditions.

Thanks
    Una

Advertisement