Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Neighbours

Options
  • 05-01-2018 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm just looking for a bit of advice. For the past 6 months we've had a group of lads living under us, blaring music and screaming into the early hours. I've told the landlord about this who has passed it on to the management company but nothing has changed.

I'm just wondering if there's any other ways to deal with this. I don't really want to knock on their door as I hate confrontation and I'm also a bit of a hothead, so can't guarantee I would speak or act diplomatically down there. Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Up early in the morning after their session with the best of military marching music practicing your drill moves in very heavy boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hi guys, I'm just looking for a bit of advice. For the past 6 months we've had a group of lads living under us, blaring music and screaming into the early hours. I've told the landlord about this who has passed it on to the management company but nothing has changed.

I'm just wondering if there's any other ways to deal with this. I don't really want to knock on their door as I hate confrontation and I'm also a bit of a hothead, so can't guarantee I would speak or act diplomatically down there. Any advice much appreciated.

Ask them to stop and log it in a diary.
    Then send a regd letter asking them to stop and log it.
    If the above fails go to the Courts Service and file a complaint about €30.
    You and the alleged offenders will get a date for your local district court.
    Keep dates, times, loudness, types of noise ie music playing, shouting, bangng doors, dogs barking etc in a diary and just present it to the court.
    The judge listens to the evidence and makes an order instructing the alleged offenders to cease from making noise.
    Worked for me when I had the same problem with my neighbours in a semi d.
    The councils don't act as they're more concerned with noise from factories, traffic, quarries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Your first port of call should be to knock on the door, don't be nasty about it - they might not realize just knock and say the sound is traveling could they keep it down. You can't expect your LL or Management company to fight your battles if you won't even try.

Advertisement