Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike bag recommendations

Options
  • 05-01-2018 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Looking to hear feedback on bike bags available for my upcoming trip to Paris roubaix. Seen some on wiggle that look like decent value but wary of putting my bike in one ifits not up to par

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

If you travel infrequently with your bike, you might be as well of renting one. If you want to buy one, the B&W bike box is great, though the wheel bags are not the best. Canyon sell a branded version of the same box and it used to be more expensive than the B&W one but actually it seems to be about the same price now, or cheaper. The wheel bags are better too. The biggest disavdantage of these boxes is it can be hard to fit them in the back of a car-probably more of an issue when getting a taxi, but with a bit of planning, fine. There are better cases to be sure, but they will cost you far more. I've travelled with B&W and Canyon bike boxes probably 30-40 times in the past 5 years and the bike always arrived intact.

Advertisement