Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess broadband charges.

Options
  • 05-01-2018 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

I just got my Eir bill today and was charged an extra €62.50 in excess broadband charges. I am shocked to say the least. Where can I view how much data I've used? Can somebody look into this to confirm my usage. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

DonJose wrote: »
    I just got my Eir bill today and was charged an extra €62.50 in excess broadband charges. I am shocked to say the least. Where can I view how much data I've used? Can somebody look into this to confirm my usage. 
    Hi DonJose,

Im sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to help clear this up for you.

You can view how much data you've on MyEir yourself in the meantime. 

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Hi Tracey,

Sadly after 11 years with Eir I've been forced to switch my broadband and telephone service to Sky due to the excess broadband charges I have received on your unlimited plan.

What should I do with the Eir router I have. I've had it since 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭kenny111

Tracey,

MyEir resets the download checker on the first of each month.  unless i know the date that my bill is calculated on and make sure to note my download on the last day of the month i have no accurate way of knowing exactly what my usage is.  Unfortunately i will have to join others in moving to sky when my contract is up unless Eir can offer an accurate way of tracking usage.

Hi Tracey,

Sadly after 11 years with Eir I've been forced to switch my broadband and telephone service to Sky due to the excess broadband charges I have received on your unlimited plan.

What should I do with the Eir router I have. I've had it since 2012.
    I'm very sorry to hear that you've left the company DonJose. I understand your frustrations here. 

You can return your modem to our free post address -  Eir returns, PO box 12726, Freepost, Dublin 11 and note your account number with it. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

kenny111 wrote: »
    Tracey,

MyEir resets the download checker on the first of each month.  unless i know the date that my bill is calculated on and make sure to note my download on the last day of the month i have no accurate way of knowing exactly what my usage is.  Unfortunately i will have to join others in moving to sky when my contract is up unless Eir can offer an accurate way of tracking usage.
    Hi Kenny111,

I'm sorry to hear your thinking about leaving us.

I'm afraid this is the standard procedure and I would be unable to do anything more in relation to this.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

It's an absolute joke that you have no way of accurately telling people their usage in accordance to their billing. Therefore you allow customers run the risk of going over the limit and gladly charging another premium on top. It's a disgrace and the first opportunity to leave well will be doing so. 

Hi Tracey,

I made the switch to Sky Broadband and my service is now being provided by Sky Broadband. Can you please confirm that my broadband and telephone is cancelled with Eir and can you please send me my final bill for Broadband and Telephone. I understand my mobile contact runs until 31st March.

Hi Tracey,

I made the switch to Sky Broadband and my service is now being provided by Sky Broadband. Can you please confirm that my broadband and telephone is cancelled with Eir and can you please send me my final bill for Broadband and Telephone. I understand my mobile contact runs until 31st March.
    Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this.  

I'm afraid I am unable to arrange a cancellation order from here, however, I can check to see if the account has been closed. 
    Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this.  

I'm afraid I am unable to arrange a cancellation order from here, however, I can check to see if the account has been closed. 
    Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Thank you. PM sent.

Hi Tracey,

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this.  

Thanks

Tracey 
    Thank you. PM sent.
    Thanks. I've responded to your PM. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi Tracey,

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this.  

Thanks

Tracey 
    Thank you. PM sent.

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you Tracey. Eir really need to look into their Fair Usage Policy considering the media being offered today from the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime and Sky. A guick google search shows that an average 4K movie is 35-40GBs in size. Have a few people at home streaming movies and the 1TB Eir offers can be consumed pretty quickly. I was paying Eir €1,400 a year for my bundle. Eir lost my account due to a €62.50 charge. I know pay €35 a month for the exact same broadband and it is truly unlimited. 

Hi Tracey,

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this.  

Thanks

Tracey 
    Thank you. PM sent.

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you Tracey. Eir really need to look into their Fair Usage Policy considering the media being offered today from the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime and Sky. A guick google search shows that an average 4K movie is 35-40GBs in size. Have a few people at home streaming movies and the 1TB Eir offers can be consumed pretty quickly. I was paying Eir €1,400 a year for my bundle. Eir lost my account due to a €62.50 charge. I know pay €35 a month for the exact same broadband and it is truly unlimited. 
    No problem. I completely understand your frustration with this, I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement