Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRON (TRX)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’m considering leaving some Trx on TRON until they hit 1mil users. A small chance there might be one last reward at that point

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

OldHouse wrote: »
    Can I ask when was the last bonus anyone received on their TRON. I'm was about lunch time yesterday, and despite several attempts on few different accounts I can't seem to get anymore. I know I was one of the lucky ones, but if this "Gift" has stopped we all are just trowing away TRON now, about 200 for every back and forth transaction.

I transferred some in yesterday morning. It was my last few on binance. I'd previously sent 2 other amounts without bonus but this morning when I looked the third amount had doubled. I didn't check after the transfer until this morning so not sure how long it took to arrive.

Like a few more on the thread have said, I'm going to keep it in the tron wallet until it at least hits the 1 million users

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Hi all, I've been out of the thread since yesterday while I did my latest transfer. No bonus this time - I've had 19677 TRX on Tron since around midnight last night with no extra added. I think the game is up.

Im conflicted now about whether to leave it on Tron and hope for a bonus at 1m users as said above, or take it back to binance, hope for a rally back to 17-20c and take 6+X profit at the first opportunity... Or else just cash out at 11c for roughly 4x...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

benjamin d wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been out of the thread since yesterday while I did my latest transfer. No bonus this time - I've had 19677 TRX on Tron since around midnight last night with no extra added. I think the game is up.

Im conflicted now about whether to leave it on Tron and hope for a bonus at 1m users as said above, or take it back to binance, hope for a rally back to 17-20c and take 6+X profit at the first opportunity... Or else just cash out at 11c for roughly 4x...
    It doesn't state anywhere that you must have Tron in your account to get the bonus

(Open to correction on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

seannash wrote: »
    It doesn't state anywhere that you must have Tron in your account to get the bonus

(Open to correction on that)

I think you're right, but it's also possible that the bonus if there is one will be proportional to your holdings in the way the deposit bonuses were so it might make sense to put all the TRX in the wallet.

• Advertisement

benjamin d wrote: »
    I think you're right, but it's also possible that the bonus if there is one will be proportional to your holdings in the way the deposit bonuses were so it might make sense to put all the TRX in the wallet.
    I think they would have stated that in my opinion.
    With the price I bought in at I wont risk it. Id rather have it somewhere I can sell immediately rather than waiting the 12 hours for it to transfer to Binance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

seannash wrote: »
    I think they would have stated that in my opinion.
    With the price I bought in at I wont risk it. Id rather have it somewhere I can sell immediately rather than waiting the 12 hours for it to transfer to Binance

Pros and cons for both to be fair

You do what you gotta do

Pros and cons for both to be fair

You do what you gotta do

Not to hammer the point home but their is no official pro for leaving it on Tron.
    That being said with the way they operate who the hell knows :)
    Happy to see it climbing again, life in Tron yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

thunderdog wrote: »
    I’m considering leaving some Trx on TRON until they hit 1mil users. A small chance there might be one last reward at that point

Yeah, I agree with this, and I will probably keep some on all three exchages that I have. You never know with this guy, I would not be one bit surprised if they announce Masternodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Yeah, I agree with this, and I will probably keep some on all three exchages that I have. You never know with this guy, I would not be one bit surprised if they announce Masternodes.

what are masternodes?

• Advertisement

what are masternodes?

nodes that are masters of all the other nodes

what are masternodes?

You keep a certain amount of Tokens in a wallet to stake, typicall 1000 or 5000 But I'd say with the price of coins here, I'd say your probably taking about 10000 mininum. You then get an award for staking these coins and effectively locking them out of the system.

You keep a certain amount of Tokens in a wallet to stake, typicall 1000 or 5000 But I'd say with the price of coins here, I'd say your probably taking about 10000 mininum. You then get an award for staking these coins and effectively locking them out of the system.

any examples of this we can research?

Justin sun tweeted about an hour ago

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/951388793180835840

so lets see what his crazy mind is up too

Dash is probably the most famous of these. See below, I know walton coin was also one, but you would have needed €25000 to get one of those. A bit rich for my blood.

http://dashmasternode.org/what-is-a-masternode/

Justin is always tweeting about something, and nothing at the same time. I wish he'd reserve his tweets for actual news, now his tweets are starting to dilute their own Impact.

Dash is probably the most famous of these. See below, I know walton coin was also one, but you would have needed €25000 to get one of those. A bit rich for my blood.

http://dashmasternode.org/what-is-a-masternode/

Justin is always tweeting about something, and nothing at the same time. I wish he'd reserve his tweets for actual news, now his tweets are starting to dilute their own Impact.

would releasing masternodes for TRX increase the value of the standard tokens or is it just another way for wealthy people to get wealthy by doing nothing other than lodging their TRX and letting thier computer do the rest?

update, trasnferred TRX fro binance last night,12 hours later no bonus yet. still holding out though

would releasing masternodes for TRX increase the value of the standard tokens or is it just another way for wealthy people to get wealthy by doing nothing other than lodging their TRX and letting thier computer do the rest?

All the tokens should go up invalue, as there will be a bigger demand to get a master node or as many master nodes as you like, essentially locking this tokens away and creating an even bigger demand for the ones not in masternodes.
    Its general considered a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

Hes trying to stoke up the value of TRON.
    All the tokens should go up invalue, as there will be a bigger demand to get a master node or as many master nodes as you like, essentially locking this tokens away and creating an even bigger demand for the ones not in masternodes.
    Its general considered a good thing.

Its a supply/demand thing. Effectively reducing available supply while demand stays same (or greater). Leads to increasing price of coin.

And people wonder why outsiders see cryptos as dodgy. This kind of activity would not be allowed on a regulated stock exchange as its price manipulation.

daheff wrote: »
    Hes trying to stoke up the value of TRON.

Its a supply/demand thing. Effectively reducing available supply while demand stays same (or greater). Leads to increasing price of coin.

And people wonder why outsiders see cryptos as dodgy. This kind of activity would not be allowed on a regulated stock exchange as its price manipulation.

so its litterally a hail mary play.

I was gonna so why dont more companies do but i suppose if every company did it then it wouldnt be a valuable thing to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

so its litterally a hail mary play.

I was gonna so why dont more companies do but i suppose if every company did it then it wouldnt be a valuable thing to do

For me....it reeks of desperation. A falling price in the last 2 weeks and the CEO comes out with a PLEA of "Please buy and get this to the moon"

Jesus christ.

Keep the press release to upgrades, updates and partnerships. People are intelligent enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Same aim with the free distributions on deposit. It drives up the transaction data and exchange amounts, all of which are indicators of trading. i.e if the price is 0.10c and double the amount of tokens are being reported as held on exchanges, the market cap is significantly inflated(artificially of course).
    I see there is a plan for a "coin burn" which roughly equates to a reverse split in equity terms.
    The justification being offered in some quarters for the ongoinf token giveaway is to increase the circukaing TRON supply prior to this burn.
    Logically it would make more sense for the holder/controller of 60% of the supply to initiate the burn while they hold the coins.
    The aim of the giveaways IMO is to build a degree of Demand, momentum and HODL via inflation of circulation/exchange figures.
    And the to the moon, Justin Sun is a genius generated as a result of this is one that some over on Reddit in particular are taking to extremes.

All the issues raised earlier in this thread are still extant.
    As for the Baofeng partnership....
    It basically boils down to "if and when you create a functional blockchain that we have a use case for, we will use it"
    It is basically a commitment to what is currently vapourware.

That said I hope everyone rotating Tron through the magic wallet has the good sense to at least cash their initial investment over to an alternative.
    Then carry on cycling ;)

banie01 wrote: »
    Logically it would make more sense for the holder/controller of 60% of the supply to initiate the burn while they hold the coins.
    Why? Would they not be subjected to the same burn % as other holders?

If not, then its a clear sign that this is a get rich quick scam designed to only profit the controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Why? Would they not be subjected to the same burn % as other holders?

If not, then its a clear sign that this is a get rich quick scam designed to only profit the controller.

Of course they would, but if I am going to accrue a loss as a shareholder/token holder.
    By knowingly reducing my exposure prior to that loss i can protect my position.

As an example. there are 1000 circulating coins, as the controller I initiate a reverse 10/1 split leaving 100 coins im circulation at the imflated price.
    Now to the new investor it looks like the coin in question has mooned, driving demand and allowing me to dump my remaining coin at an inflated price before the dust settles.

IMO the fact that 60% of this coin is basically tied up with the creator raise significant questions on the amount of coin actually sold versus that amount received gratis and traded. It smacks of artificial market inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

seems the new site fixed the bug :( , don't think anyone has had 2x since the site was upgraded.

Some craic over the last few days....back to work for me ;)

Of course they would, but if I am going to accrue a loss as a shareholder/token holder.
    By knowingly reducing my exposure prior to that loss i can protect my position.
    How?

As an example. there are 1000 circulating coins, as the controller I initiate a reverse 10/1 split leaving 100 coins im circulation at the imflated price.
    Now to the new investor it looks like the coin in question has mooned, driving demand and allowing me to dump my remaining coin at an inflated price before the dust settles.

don't know in the crypto world how a split like this would happen, but in stock markets historical prices would be adjusted to reflect the split

IE 10 for 1 split would see all prices historically reported at 10x original....that makes it comparable and not misleading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

joxers25 wrote: »
    seems the new site fixed the bug :( , don't think anyone has had 2x since the site was upgraded.

Some craic over the last few days....back to work for me ;)

Sennash did.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PotatoSpud

Curious if anyone here sees TRX'S value going up again in any kind of significant way?

Considering its now one that tons of people know about and the barrage of negative info about it has spread in a similar manner, I don't see what could stimulate any kind of serious price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

PotatoSpud wrote: »
    Curious if anyone here sees TRX'S value going up again in any kind of significant way?

Considering its now one that tons of people know about and the barrage of negative info about it has spread in a similar manner, I don't see what could stimulate any kind of serious price rise.

Hard to tell obviously. While there has been negative info, there has also been a few posts online detailing why the negative info is unwarranted (in their opinion). They are also due to announce a partnership with a public listed company this week.

While the value has dropped a lot, I wouldn't put it down just to the negative info out there. Most coins have dropped over the last week. Also, since I got into Tron last month, the value has risen by over 2000% (according to Blockfolio, which can't be right), that is just not sustainable and so a correction was always due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Benzino wrote: »
    Hard to tell obviously. While there has been negative info, there has also been a few posts online detailing why the negative info is unwarranted (in their opinion). They are also due to announce a partnership with a public listed company this week.

While the value has dropped a lot, I wouldn't put it down just to the negative info out there. Most coins have dropped over the last week. Also, since I got into Tron last month, the value has risen by over 2000% (according to Blockfolio, which can't be right), that is just not sustainable and so a correction was always due.

The partnership was already announced. BaoFeng who are the Chinese Netflix with over 200m subscribers. Rumours of larger implications long term regarding this deal and Tron's objective of a decentralised internet. It would be mind blowing and basically eliminate internet censorship experienced in China and other nations which control what their citizens can and can not view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The partnership was already announced. BaoFeng who are the Chinese Netflix with over 200m subscribers. Rumours of larger implications long term regarding this deal and Tron's objective of a decentralised internet. It would be mind blowing and basically eliminate internet censorship experienced in China and other nations which control what their citizens can and can not view.

I don't know how I missed that, ha.

Advertisement