Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRON (TRX)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The partnership was already announced. BaoFeng who are the Chinese Netflix with over 200m subscribers. Rumours of larger implications long term regarding this deal and Tron's objective of a decentralised internet. It would be mind blowing and basically eliminate internet censorship experienced in China and other nations which control what their citizens can and can not view.

Just to understand this, crypto is used to pay the account . But how is the content will not be censorship-ed , i can't understand. If the authorities want to catch the netflix company showing wrong stuff they don't need any thing stopping from then. I am sure internet is still provided from the regulated companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

lovehathi wrote: »
    Just to understand this, crypto is used to pay the account . But how is the content will not be censorship-ed , i can't understand. If the authorities want to catch the netflix company showing wrong stuff they don't need any thing stopping from then. I am sure internet is still provided from the regulated companies.

As far as I am aware all the content will be stored on the blockchain and accessed that way.

Here is a transcript from an American guy who posted a video on YouTube about the deal. He is big into crytpo and has lived and worked in China a lot.

"In America, the internet is available. You can google things, you can find opinions of people you dont agree with. In China, you can't. You've got to VPN, and those get smoked constantly.. and put you at risk.

Little Justin has a solution. I underestimated him. This is a global play by Jack Ma and Justin Sun to decentralize content in China.

Think about it.. the BFC is a NAS.. so what.. oh wait, what if.. we put VIDEO into the blockchain. Then.. you put the blockchain validator on the NAS.. where does the video live?? Yep.. its now a little CDN node. So you can watch the content by paying tron tokens to view blockchain content, but you can also SERVE that blockchain content to OTHER people.

So.. China hasn't figured this out. But I have. Justin and Jack just changed censorship in China, and there will be no way PRC can stop them. Before, you pull off content by ordering the provider to turn off their network access.. Now, you have 511,000 individual nodes.. try to take THAT offline.

Clever Chinese man.. they always find a way. That's why China is keeping it down, they are loading up before this is understood. They really did do something, and you guys are worried about ICO whitepapers.. lol.. get on a plane and investigate the WORLD if you want to make sense of any of this."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm no tech expert but won't the blockchain be massive if it's going to host the content?
    Today we have thousands of servers scattered across the world hosting the Internet and Tron is somehow going to distill that into the blockchain so a few million folks behind the great firewall of China can watch censored material? The nodes for the blockchain will be under serious pressure, however many there are. Maybe they'll repurpose the bitmain data centres for the job seeing as the local Chinese governments are encouraging them to find alternative business? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PotatoSpud

Here is a transcript from an American guy who posted a video on YouTube about the deal. He is big into crytpo and has lived and worked in China a lot.

"In America, the internet is available. You can google things, you can find opinions of people you dont agree with. In China, you can't. You've got to VPN, and those get smoked constantly.. and put you at risk.

Little Justin has a solution. I underestimated him. This is a global play by Jack Ma and Justin Sun to decentralize content in China.

Think about it.. the BFC is a NAS.. so what.. oh wait, what if.. we put VIDEO into the blockchain. Then.. you put the blockchain validator on the NAS.. where does the video live?? Yep.. its now a little CDN node. So you can watch the content by paying tron tokens to view blockchain content, but you can also SERVE that blockchain content to OTHER people.

So.. China hasn't figured this out. But I have. Justin and Jack just changed censorship in China, and there will be no way PRC can stop them. Before, you pull off content by ordering the provider to turn off their network access.. Now, you have 511,000 individual nodes.. try to take THAT offline.

Clever Chinese man.. they always find a way. That's why China is keeping it down, they are loading up before this is understood. They really did do something, and you guys are worried about ICO whitepapers.. lol.. get on a plane and investigate the WORLD if you want to make sense of any of this."
    So I genuinely don't know if that's a joke comment or not? Assuming it isn't, are you buying into the content in itself* or a belief that a sufficient number of people will buy into the content that you'll get a sizeable bump?

Anyways, here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh99BhnoTdw

* which I guess includes believing any or all of the following: the Jack Ma association, the Chinese government being less on the ball that that guy^, the content of a whitepaper having no implications regarding the technical competency of the team to pull off such things

• Advertisement

PotatoSpud wrote: »
    So I genuinely don't know if that's a joke comment or not? Assuming it isn't, are you buying into the content in itself* or a belief that a sufficient number of people will buy into the content that you'll get a sizeable bump?

Anyways, here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh99BhnoTdw

* which I guess includes believing any or all of the following: the Jack Ma association, the Chinese government being less on the ball that that guy^, the content of a whitepaper having no implications regarding the technical competency of the team to pull off such things

I never mentioned anything about buying into it. However I believe it is a very interesting theory judging my Sun's insistent that Tron is going to decentralise the internet. How far his idea of decentralisation goes only he and probably one of two others know.

So you say because of the hoopla regarding direct translation to English of their whitepaper that the team have no technical competence?

The partnerships really are moving thick and fast with Tron

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/951514583721590784

And a follow on to the above showing blockchain in space is already well under way. Reallr really interesting stuff as far as I am concerned.

https://www.techinasia.com/spacechain-blockstream-blockchain-to-satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Drumorig

And a follow on to the above showing blockchain in space is already well under way. Reallr really interesting stuff as far as I am concerned.

https://www.techinasia.com/spacechain-blockstream-blockchain-to-satellite
    Right, I'm out, I got in at 3, that's enough nonsense for me :pac:

Drumorig wrote: »
    Right, I'm out, I got in at 3, that's enough nonsense for me :pac:

What on earth makes you think that is nonsense??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Ok, new announcement on the Tron website. Seems to be about Money bonuses or maybe the product itself....

Google translate is my friend

"Wave TRON official money laundering emergency notice:

Hello dear investors, the wave field was originally scheduled for September 28, 2017 to send money activities. Currently tron ​​community, the number of overseas TRX holders over 30,000, far beyond the team's first expectations. To ensure the accuracy of coins, we have to postpone. Delivery time to be notified separately, to the official website announcement, please know"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ok, new announcement on the Tron website. Seems to be about Money bonuses or maybe the product itself....

Google translate is my friend

"Wave TRON official money laundering emergency notice:

Hello dear investors, the wave field was originally scheduled for September 28, 2017 to send money activities. Currently tron ​​community, the number of overseas TRX holders over 30,000, far beyond the team's first expectations. To ensure the accuracy of coins, we have to postpone. Delivery time to be notified separately, to the official website announcement, please know"

Pretty sure I saw that on the site when I first went to sign up at the start of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Any idea what they're on about ?

Any idea what they're on about ?

No idea, there is a thread on reddit about it, but they don't know what it means either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It would be mind blowing and basically eliminate internet censorship experienced in China and other nations which control what their citizens can and can not view.

Last I checked, the Chinese government aren't going anywhere and their views on censorship haven't changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,237 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Anyone still getting a bonus or has everyone given up at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

GreeBo wrote: »

I think they closed off that loophole. It was good while it lasted.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Last I checked, the Chinese government aren't going anywhere and their views on censorship haven't changed.

Agreed. But how do they control a decentralised internet? Tron are setting up in San Fran, can't touch them there.

I'm not saying the Chinese government can't shut it down, they are ruthless. But I find the thoughts of breaking these outdated censorship barriers down as highly intriguing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

GreeBo wrote: »
    I tried it again last night but had no bonus this morning.
    On the other hand, the transfer back to binance only took about 20 minutes as opposed to 7 hours like before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

GreeBo wrote:

Didn't try anymore, got one bonus, I have noticed in the TRX wallet, the word freeze is inserted, not sure if this was there when I got the bonus, maybe this was added in the new update to prevent double up of coins.

• Advertisement

Seriously considering selling now, it's not moving despite some good announcements. Might just take the profits and run.

Benzino wrote: »
    Seriously considering selling now, it's not moving despite some good announcements. Might just take the profits and run.

Lots more to come from Tron over the next few weeks. The price grew way too fast but it seems to be consolidating between 10c and 13c for the last days.

I know there are potential profits to be made elsewhere but I have faith in this one. I'll continue to hold for at least another 6 months I reckon.

Lots more to come from Tron over the next few weeks. The price grew way too fast but it seems to be consolidating between 10c and 13c for the last days.

I know there are potential profits to be made elsewhere but I have faith in this one. I'll continue to hold for at least another 6 months I reckon.

Yeah, it does seem to have found it's price point alright, was just expecting done sort of upward movement after the announcements. I'm usually one too hold too, but thinking of my options at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

hard for a market to grow when the whole market in general is down. If this stuff had of happened early dec i think tron would have hit the 1 dollar mark for sure same as nem and ada

mrDerek wrote: »
    hard for a market to grow when the whole market in general is down. If this stuff had of happened early dec i think tron would have hit the 1 dollar mark for sure same as nem and ada

That's a fair enough point, the market is mostly down all round.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Starting to think this one is the Emperor's New Clothes. And the CEO is just a chancer.

Any kind of temporary upshift and I'm out. Not worth selling right now.

Dades wrote: »
    Starting to think this one is the Emperor's New Clothes. And the CEO is just a chancer.

Any kind of temporary upshift and I'm out. Not worth selling right now.

A mate of mine is big into Sia coin, said it's similar to Tron but they have 2 years work already done. I'm not sure if he is a chancer or they have just become too popular too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I sold all mine today. Got in at a good price early on. Wish I sold sooner.

Who knows. I may regret the decision.

Moved it all into Lisk and Komodo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

They are not getting reputable bankers and alibaba developers on board if it's a pile of ****e that's for sure

Hold tight

• Advertisement

mrDerek wrote: »
    They are not getting reputable bankers and alibaba developers on board if it's a pile of ****e that's for sure

Hold tight

Agreed. People are actually starting to look into the code now and researching beyond the fud and the reviews coming back are surprisingly good. My opinion is anyone selling now will have regrets in a few months time.

Advertisement