Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRON (TRX)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

With the amount of new customers I think 90% if coins will rise.

Tron is still cheap enough to attract investors

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PotatoSpud

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Agreed. People are actually starting to look into the code now and researching beyond the fud and the reviews coming back are surprisingly good. My opinion is anyone selling now will have regrets in a few months time.

Man, you've gotta start providing some links. Any time I try to look up this stuff I can only find an endless stream of comments on their reddit (reddits for individual cryptocurrencies seem to be unanimously awful) saying the same over and over but with no sources. With it being so China focused, that could entirely be google's failing as opposed to anything with TRX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

PotatoSpud wrote: »
    Man, you've gotta start providing some links. Any time I try to look up this stuff I can only find an endless stream of comments on their reddit (reddits for individual cryptocurrencies seem to be unanimously awful) saying the same over and over but with no sources. With it being so China focused, that could entirely be google's failing as opposed to anything with TRX.

Reddit is actually a great resource of information but unfortunately you need to be able to get through all the moon, lambos, ****coin, scamcoin, fud, $10 by 9pm posts.

I'd say 70% of posts in reddit are nonsense from people who expect 20% gains every day. Of the other posts there is some grounded, fact based, honest and valuable discussion and information sharing. It just takes time to weed through it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Reddit is actually a great resource of information but unfortunately you need to be able to get through all the moon, lambos, ****coin, scamcoin, fud, $10 by 9pm posts.

I'd say 70% of posts in reddit are nonsense from people who expect 20% gains every day. Of the other posts there is some grounded, fact based, honest and valuable discussion and information sharing. It just takes time to weed through it all.

That's cool and fair enough man but as I've found people on this site want links and evidence to back up claims, not suggestions to sift through a load of crap on another boards site

I do link when I find something very interesting (you'll see a few of them on this thread) but in this instance I'm just recalling something I read during the week.

I don't want to link everything I read for fear of being called a tron shill!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tiiiiiiiiimberrrrrrrr.

although it’s a sea of red in Alt world, TRX seems to be doing particularly bad.

A lot of this is to do with the interpretation of the Whitepapers, the meaningless "partnerships", that basically amount to "if you develop a workable protocol, we may use it" the announced partnerships are basically options rather than concrete development partnerships.

Of more concern to any TRON investor should be the outright and blatant manipulation of the actual amounts of TRON in circulation.

The "doubling" of TRON balances in particular. That this happened in advance of the 1 million wallets as outlined by TRON is strange enough, that it happened on a seemingly random, unadvertised and outside of Boards.ie an unspoken about manner, is even more worrying.

As an example, I have purchased a total of 57k TRON over the past 6weeks.
    I have sold 50K TRON over the same period and whatever happens the price I am in profit.
    However my current TRON balance stands at 45k TRON!

Thats a total of 38k Tokens that I paid 0 for, and many others have similar balances of free coin.
    It looks as if the market is starting to price in the increased volume of tokens in circulation versus the actual amount purchased/traded and a correction is underway.

TRON has a lot of backers that will hark on about their visionary CEO and growing and great tech team.
    They will point out that anyone who has issue with the whitepaper isn't taking into consideration cultural nuance of translation, or indeed the fact that a multi billion dollar project run by a man with US university issued masters degree, had the original whitepaper translations carried out by "volunteers".
    Ignoring the blatant plagiarism and explaining it away ;)

But even after all the actions undertaken, the new website and a re-issued whitepaper, this is still aspirational vapourware that has been subject to a huge and artificial inflation of the circulating supply that there has been virtually zero discussion of in any meaningful form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

banie01 wrote: »
    Of more concern to any TRON investor should be the outright and blatant manipulation of the actual amounts of TRON in circulation.

This, and that's the reason why I sold the majority of my coin. There isn't a single word about this which is crazy, I got 280k free coin from it, ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

A lot of this is to do with the interpretation of the Whitepapers, the meaningless "partnerships", that basically amount to "if you develop a workable protocol, we may use it" the announced partnerships are basically options rather than concrete development partnerships.

The "doubling" of TRON balances in particular. That this happened in advance of the 1 million wallets as outlined by TRON is strange enough, that it happened on a seemingly random, unadvertised and outside of Boards.ie an unspoken about manner, is even more worrying.

I have sold 50K TRON over the same period and whatever happens the price I am in profit.

Thats a total of 38k Tokens that I paid 0 for, and many others have similar balances of free coin.
    It looks as if the market is starting to price in the increased volume of tokens in circulation versus the actual amount purchased/traded and a correction is underway.

TRON has a lot of backers that will hark on about their visionary CEO and growing and great tech team.
    They will point out that anyone who has issue with the whitepaper isn't taking into consideration cultural nuance of translation, or indeed the fact that a multi billion dollar project run by a man with US university issued masters degree, had the original whitepaper translations carried out by "volunteers".
    Ignoring the blatant plagiarism and explaining it away ;)

But even after all the actions undertaken, the new website and a re-issued whitepaper, this is still aspirational vapourware that has been subject to a huge and artificial inflation of the circulating supply that there has been virtually zero discussion of in any meaningful form.

I agree with all this, I have a sizable chunk of this stuff, most I got for free. So I don't mind just waiting this one out. I think long run TRON will be good, but it needs to walk before it can run. Justin could also do with easing back on the tweets!!
    There's a lot of FUD being thrown out on reddit, at the moment and everyone is panicking. I remember having the same feeling about NEO last september when it dropped from $50 back towards $20. I held on there too and its really paying off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

As other posters have stated. Wasn't comfortable with the doubling of coins , surely this would devalue the coin if there was loads of extra coins floating about that were not bought.

I am gone from this anyway.. no HODL for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Justin sun dumped all his coins. Titanic is going down boys.

• Advertisement

Justin sun dumped all his coins. Titanic is going down boys.

Got source for this or just more allegations?

Benzino wrote: »
    Got proof of that or just more allegations?

I've seen no proof of it, but isn't it more likely that the drop in coins held in that account is due to the "Doubling" ?
    If you look at how the withdrawals from the TRON wallet were being processed as batches it could account for a fairly significant reduction in the TRON holdings that would appear as trades.

I've seen no proof of it, but isn't it more likely that the drop in coins held in that account is due to the "Doubling" ?
    If you look at how the withdrawals from the TRON wallet were being processed as batches it could account for a fairly significant reduction in the TRON holdings that would appear as trades.

Yeah, I think you could be right. There are a lot of red flags with this coin and a lot of things to be concerned about, but allegations against Justin without any proof is unwarranted and just fear mongering.

There are enough reasons to get out of Tron without having to make some up.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

I feel like this will be the first major test of my resolve in crypto. I have a fair chunk of TRX and I'm very nervous about its future prospects, but because I initially bought in with pure profits and got most of my TRX in the magical giveaway I'm willing to let it ride for the medium term at least.

I think that if TRX doesn't reverse the slide when (if!) the market in general turns good again that's when I'll really think about cutting and running.

Yeah, I think you could be right. There are a lot of red flags with this coin and a lot of things to be concerned about, but allegations against Justin without any proof is unwarranted and just fear mongering.

There are enough reasons to get out of Tron without having to make some up.

I agree re: the doubts about TRON.
    There are too many inconsistencies and issues that when raised (on Reddit in the main) draw the ire of defensive Justin Sun/TRX fanboys.
    There seems to be no room for reasoned, logical questioning of the circumstances of whats going on with TRON.

The accountant in me however would point out that if the free coins allocated by the TRON wallet doubling tallies up with the addresses believed to be Justin's, that it points to a monumental fraud!

I still cannot believe that there has been no discussion of this particular aspect in any form.
    Its as if the entire investor base decided to keep a secret in the hope of dumping on the next poor b@st@rd to buy!

I would love to hear an explanation for this that rules out fraud and/or incompetence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

This is the Tweet you are really talking about. But a tweet doesn't make it the truth. Have a look at this lads twitter account and you will note the his first tweet was on the 6th of January and 99% of his subsequent tweets are basically spreading FUD about Tron. He appears to have a chip on his shoulder about TRON and a quite unbias view point boarding on obsession.

https://twitter.com/Specl151/status/952435229192572928

I can't explain the doubling of coins (I got no free coin). It seems like a monumental error on Tron's behalf. The pure randomness of it is baffling. The fact the only conversation about it in the entire world of the internet happened on boards is hugely suspect. If this was happening to other people you can guarantee it would be all over Reddit. Something like this does not stay secret!

How did you get the free 38k fom it? I seen you were heavily involved in the conversation at the time it was happening but you only had one mention of transferring 13k tron and receiving no bonus and then enjoying the nervous excitement of the blind transaction back to Binance?

Re Justin Sun supposedly selling all his coins. This accusation has been put to rest on multiple occasions. The account in question is the market makers account and the second account with 35B Tron in it can be seen untouched since the coins were deposited there.

I've said this a few times before already and I don't think anyone has responded. The company is live about 4 months now. I am sure it has outstripped any and all expectations they set themselves in relation to their price. People jumped on it and FOMO drove the price up. I'd even guess they would not have imagined there price would be at .08c at this stage.

OldHouse wrote: »
    This is the Tweet you are really talking about. But a tweet doesn't make it the truth. Have a look at this lads twitter account and you will note the his first tweet was on the 6th of January and 99% of his subsequent tweets are basically spreading FUD about Tron. He appears to have a chip on his shoulder about TRON and a quite unbias view point boarding on obsession.

https://twitter.com/Specl151/status/952435229192572928

There is also a detailed response to the accusations.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7qi43q/justin_tron_sun_just_dumped_all_the_available/dsph0pe/?context=3&st=jcg7wmkm&sh=f06c0843

I don't understand why people do not try to search out both sides of an argument and just believe blindly any accusations that are thrown about.

How did you get the free 38k fom it? I seen you were heavily involved in the conversation at the time it was happening but you only had one mention of transferring 13k tron and receiving no bonus and then enjoying the nervous excitement of the blind transaction back to Binance?

I got the free TRON from deciding to try again and cycl8ng a few transactions, some of which doubled and some of which didn't hence my highlightingthe randomness of the allocations as a point of concern.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Could someone post a thread on the doubling of coins on the TRX subbredit? I still find it so strange that no where else spoke about it online, the only place I could find any reference to it was boards.

Tried to post a comment on it but I do not have the karma points, so it was just removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Tried to post a comment on it but I do not have the karma points, so it was just removed.

Reddit is a bloody joke at times for that craic. I've lost count of the amount of innocuous posts I've had automodded for some stupid technicality.

benjamin d wrote: »
    Reddit is a bloody joke at times for that craic. I've lost count of the amount of innocuous posts I've had automodded for some stupid technicality.

Indeed, sure half the comments on the Tron posts are removed by the bot :rolleyes:

I remember looking for posts about the free coins on reddit before, and the one or 2 comments that were made about it were simply debunked as people trolling. So I'm not sure Reddit wants to hear about it.

I got the free TRON from deciding to try again and cycl8ng a few transactions, some of which doubled and some of which didn't hence my highlightingthe randomness of the allocations as a point of concern.

There was no indication of this in your posts, you even made comment about paying 130 Tron in fees for nothing, but I'll take our word for it.

There is no explanation for the doubling or the fact that only a small handful of people on boards seem to have been lucky enough to have availed of this. There are over 400k Tron wallets set up on their website and maybe 8 people talking about getting free Tron ranging from x2 to x10 their deposit.

Am i envious? Absolutely.

I remember looking for posts about the free coins on reddit before, and the one or 2 comments that were made about it were simply debunked as people trolling. So I'm not sure Reddit wants to hear about it.

I've looked hard for this type of comment. Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭fran426ft

haha if Reddit thought there were still free coins going it might drive the price back up again. It might give us who are in the red a chance to get our money back.

There was no indication of this in your posts, you even made comment about paying 130 Tron in fees for nothing, but I'll take our word for it.

There is no explanation for the doubling or the fact that only a small handful of people on boards seem to have been lucky enough to have availed of this. There are over 400k Tron wallets set up on their website and maybe 8 people talking about getting free Tron ranging from x2 to x10 their deposit.

So I should provide a transaction by transaction report on my hildings when I form an opinion?
    At this point my fees are well in excess of 1400tron but if you feel impugning my honesty has a bearing on my veracity I'm quite happy to share my primary TRON address and that of the wallet so the transactions can be reviewed.

I stand by every assertion I have made in this thread, and have yet to see any compelling or substantive reason to change my view.
    I hope I am proven wrong, but to date even the most optimistic reading on my part of TRONs whitepaper,subsequent excuses and then revised whitepaper and highlighting of cultural nuance meaning there was no plagiarism, only a misunderstood borrowing not properly credited...
    Has done nothing to alter my opinion.
    Luckilly this isnt Reddit and dissenting opinion isnt mod deleted.

Everyone is free to review available info and form their own opinions and broadcast them.

I've looked hard for this type of comment. Any links?

A post on it.

See some of the comments:
    Would love it if this were true. But it isn't supposed to be happening until the 1mil mark. AFAIK, there is no staking with TRX currently as described above.

Verification? Proof? Sauce? Pls.
    Pretty sure the people claiming to have gotten theirs are trolls. That or they got the free tokens from binance in nov and are confusing them. I haven’t seen anyone post about having gotten any after registering though, so i don’t know.

Would love to comment on it and give my experience, but of course I cannot. Too late now I suppose anyway, would be interesting to see if this information would negatively impact the price (I still have a small amount of TRX, so wouldn't want this happening ha).

I was one of the lucky ones in regards to the doubling and in my case quite a few amounts tripled. You can check my posting history the only you won't see if the exact amount I did make, But I will say this I started out with low 5 figures to over 6 figures. So for this reason alone I believe anyone else who was fortunate to achieve these bonuses. The randomness is a worry, but I see this as just a bug within the wallet. I've since withdrawn all but a few thousand tron from each of the 3 wallets. Only 2 of them gave me any goodies. I'm holding onto most of these if not for the reason there appears to be a unusually high amount of FUD against TRON and particularly against Justin Sun, the likes I have not seen since last Summer when NEO went crazy, and subsequently started sinking. That time all the criticism was Da Hongfei wasn't vocal enough trying to reassure the community that NEO was a solid project, and the rest is History.
    Now I'm not comparing to two projects as TRON has a long way to go before they have anything as solid as NEO. But all businesses need a good leader and I think Justin Sun can deliver.

• Advertisement

I'm quite happy to share my primary TRON address and that of the wallet so the transactions can be reviewed.

Please, even just for my own curiosity. It would be the first concrete proof I have of people (or a person) receiving this free Tron. Currently it is just a few comments on this thread. I can be a sceptical person by nature, especially when I have done the exact same process as others and not experienced the same results.

Have you checked github for the work that is being carried out by the Tron developers on a daily basis?

Why would high class developers leave the likes of Alibaba and top Chinese banking institutions to work for a scam company?

I honestly believe many people expect too much too soon in the crypto world.

Advertisement