Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRON (TRX)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

thunderdog wrote:
    Yeah it looks like the bonuses have gone. Had 12,000 but balance only showing 3,000

Did you have them on the Tron wallet, i moved them all out once they had doubled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

august12 wrote: »
    Did you have them on the Tron wallet, i moved them all out once they had doubled.

Yeah left them on the TRON wallet (technically I transferred them to binance first and then back to the TRON wallet), to see if anything would happen when we hit the magical 1 mil users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ditto, I cant understand why anyone would leave them on the TRON wallet?
    They gave free money, why risk leaving it there.
    No 2FA and in fairness for the second coming of the internet, an absolutely atrociously poor website regardless of the language!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

Well I guess the saying easy come, easy go, applies here!!

Ha yeah it looks like it, ah well apart from some largish fees, it wasn't too much of a loss overall.

• Advertisement

thunderdog wrote: »
    Ha yeah it looks like, ah well apart from some largish fees, it wasn't too much of a loss overall.

Glad you're not at a loss over it.
    Still tho, adjusting wallet balances after the fact is exceptionally dodgy!
    Are they also going to forward those of us who withdrew a demand for payment ;)
    The competence of "TRON" is leaving a lot to be desired the longer they are in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

banie01 wrote: »

I shared the wallet and transaction details yesterday as I was basically called a liar.
    There was no reply whatsoever regarding those details.

I definitely didn't 'basically call you a liar'. I simply questioned your only post being about not receiving any free Tron and a week later you were saying you received over 40k free Tron over multiple transfers even though you had been heavily involved on the Tron thread all week without mention of same. You can understand my scepticism, however you explained yourself and I said I would believe you. I can understand some sarcasm may have been taken from that statement but it was not intended.

I did check the details you had provided fairly briefly and all the transfers in (I think there were 3 or 4) tallied with the one large withdrawal of 100k+ Tron. It made me think the fault potentially lay with Binance and not Tron. Megnavox's screenshot of his Tron transfers from Binance and back again were a lot clearer and the extra (free) Tron could easily be calculated with transfer fees deducted.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I definitely didn't 'basically call you a liar'. I simply questioned your only post being about not receiving any free Tron and a week later you were saying you received over 40k free Tron over multiple transfers even though you had been heavily involved on the Tron thread all week without mention of same. You can understand my scepticism, however you explained yourself and I said I would believe you. I can understand some sarcasm may have been taken from that statement but it was not intended.

I did check the details you had provided fairly briefly and all the transfers in (I think there were 3 or 4) tallied with the one large withdrawal of 100k+ Tron. It made me think the fault potentially lay with Binance and not Tron. Megnavox's screenshot of his Tron transfers from Binance and back again were a lot clearer and the extra (free) Tron could easily be calculated with transfer fees deducted.

Fair enough.

There was no issue on the binance side.
    The error/glitch whatever you wish to call it is happening on the TRON side and points strongly to either an attempt to inflate the trading figures or a website processing error.

The flow of the transactions is very odd.
    1. Withdrawal from Binance to Tron.
    2. Deposit hits Tron account
    3. Deposit doubles
    4. Withdrawal request logged from TRON account back to Binance.

This is where it gets strange, at this point the balance on the TRON account is zeroed and a message displayed confirming withdrawals can take up to 12hrs.
    No TXID or other detail is/was supplied.

What then happens is that the TRON is moved from your actual account and its associated address to the TRON processing account.
    The withdrawals are then batch processed back to the nominated exchange account.
    So there is an additional transaction from my deposit wallet to the Tronix wallet before the withdrawal is actually then processed back to the exchange account.
    Then in many cases the amount deposited back to the exchange is far in excess of the actual amount deposited.

In a market where transaction totals and volumes are used as a gauge liquidity and value, surely you can appreciate that this kind of practice raises issues as to the validity of any data?
    It is basically a manipulation of the block chain to show higher trade value and volume either deliberately or by inherent error.
    Either of which should raise serious concerns for traders.

The address that each of the deposits made to my binance came from was 0x540fb834ba63dec251c927610e69d7f9db4e0529
    And the transactional data on that address raises more questions than it answers IMO.
    https://etherscan.io/address/0x540fb834ba63dec251c927610e69d7f9db4e0529

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

banie01 wrote: »
    So there is an additional transaction from my deposit wallet to the Tronix wallet before the withdrawal is actually then processed back to the exchange account.
    Then in many cases the amount deposited back to the exchange is far in excess of the actual amount deposited.

Wait? Are you know saying the amount you received in your Binance account is more than the amount you instructed Tron to withdraw?

And you say many cases, this is clearly not true. We know of what, 6-8 people on here who experienced the freebies? There are two comments on Reddit about it and one of them was clearly a boardsie. From 400,000 wallets I would imagine we would find more people questioning/celebrating their free coins than that. I have no explanation why you guys got the bonus but I know human nature and people would not keep quiet about something like that if it was happening to many Tron wallet holders.

Whelo79 wrote:
    And you say many cases, this is clearly not true. We know of what, 6-8 people on here who experienced the freebies? There are two comments on Reddit about it and one of them was clearly a boardsie. From 400,000 wallets I would imagine we would find more people questioning/celebrating their free coins than that. I have no explanation why you guys got the bonus but I know human nature and people would not keep quiet about something like that if it was happening to many Tron wallet holders.

I agree, I can't understand why this isn't all over Reddit, I tried to post this but it didn't even register on the site whereas other comments i made at least got posted and were then taken down due to some 25 comment karma, whatever that is.

• Advertisement

Wait? Are you know saying the amount you received in your Binance account is more than the amount you instructed Tron to withdraw?

No, I'm saying the amount withdrawn is in excess of the amount deposited.
    e.g a 10k deposit to the TRON wallet, doubles to 20k and then that 20k is withdrawn.

Look I have no dog in this fight anymore, I have sold on the last of my TRX earlier today (again for a profit.)

I have outlined what happened and highlighted why any inconsistency is a worry.
    Other users have outlined gaining 6 figure balances from cycling TRON wallet transactions and while only 6-8 may have posted about, do you really believe that only that number were "Lucky"?
    You surely cant believe that any block chain based protocol that has.
    1) Allowed this error to happen:
    and 2)
    Has made no announcement regarding same, but has swept the remaining balances of the allocated TRX not already withdrawn back from the accounts with no communication( as other users have confirmed)
    Is a trustworthy vehicle to leave any investment in?

There are serious issues with the manner withdrawals and balances are managed and processed and I have highlighted the wallet that was batch processing the withdrawals affected.

TBH I couldn't really care less how TRX goes from here on, and my posting here is to close out my stance on the issues I've highlighted(and that haven't been refuted) and others are free to review anyway they wish.
    I'd love to see those holding it now get Lambo's and rub my scepticism in my face with a v12 roar!

But I don't think the potholes round here will have any worries on that score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

tron is on the move

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

rapul wrote: »
    tron is on the move

Hmmm I'm not so sure yet. I think the only reason it's my only green is because of the utterly comprehensive nature of the shagging it took yesterday.

benjamin d wrote: »
    Hmmm I'm not so sure yet. I think the only reason it's my only green is because of the utterly comprehensive nature of the shagging it took yesterday.

totally agree just thought worth a mention considering, im still holding some of these on the off chance some mad rise happens again who knows ay!

Have people here sold or held on their Tron over the last day or two.

im holding

Hold. By the end of the Jan we should be at least on par again

rapul wrote:
    im holding
    I've kept my nerve through this as well, am well down on my initial investment, have Tron, ethlend, litecoin and ethereum, no option now but to hodl for a while.

I've kept my nerve through this as well, am well down on my initial investment, have Tron, ethlend, litecoin and ethereum, no option now but to hodl for a while.

yeah best to just hold now alrite,im down on tron a bit but its ok such is this game we play, similar litecoin,ethereum,stellar and vechain make up most of mine but im just trying to hold everything we'll come out the other end smiling im sure :)

Holding all of mine still. I bought 2997 TRX at $0.17 costing approx 0.5ETH at the time and I currently own 19577 after the messing with the Tron wallet. It's from profits and I've already written it off so it's there for the long (or medium) haul now. On pure euro terms I'm still roughly X2 profit with the free ones but I'm way down on a per TRX basis..

• Advertisement

I have been in the crypto space since Jan13. A similar thing happens most years, with a large sell off in Jan, a bit of a plateau for the first few months of the year with a rising increase as the calendar year progresses.

Don't make the same mistake I did in Nov13 by panic selling ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

I've a pinch of tron. I'll hold it

benjamin d wrote: »
    Holding all of mine still. I bought 2997 TRX at $0.17 costing approx 0.5ETH at the time and I currently own 19577 after the messing with the Tron wallet..

So thats you, me and the 4/5 other people who posted on this thread who were lucky enough to get the magic bonus and keep the secret ;)

On a serious note.
    Theres no logic to the crypto market, no fundamentals that can be assessed other than the trade volumes and values, which TRON have already being screwing with ;)
    But to my mind, the only reason TRON is green is because its taking such a hammering in the preceding 2/3 days and is seen as being a "bargain" and funds are being moved there rather than to FIAT in the hope of catching an upswing.

thunderdog wrote:
    I have been in the crypto space since Jan13. A similar thing happens most years, with a large sell off in Jan, a bit of a plateau for the first few months of the year with a rising increase as the calendar year progresses.

It's funny really, am in this crypto business since last December, was really pleased with myself up to last week, felt like scrooge counting all his coins, this last 48 hours has brought me back to earth with a bang. I am not cut out for this, the only way I will make money is by holding onto my day job.

TRX has jumped over 30% in the last hour or so since I checked last!

It's funny really, am in this crypto business since last December, was really pleased with myself up to last week, felt like scrooge counting all his coins, this last 48 hours has brought me back to earth with a bang. I am not cut out for this, the only way I will make money is by holding onto my day job.

Its only from experience that I know when there is a massive sell off, there is no need to panic. These big dips have happened many times before and will happen time and time again.

Buy when nobody is talking about crypto and sell when crypto is in the news. Or hodl long term

I hope the current rise on this is helping folks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's a welcome sight to see some green ha, but a bit odd is happening to TRX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Some pretty big buy orders on the books this past hour or so.

*rubs chin

• Advertisement

Is this classic pump and dump carry on? Up 45-50% in the space of two or three hours amidst a sea of red elsewhere... a bit strange.

I'm expecting this to crash back down near where it started today.

Still hodling though.

Advertisement