Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRON (TRX)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Hi.
    Can we store tron on the nano ledger s? Prob not safe on binance with 2FA?

Yes.

It's an ERC20 token so you just transfer to your eEthereum address on your nano. Log into my ether wallet and you should see the tokens there. I'd recommend checking it out on YouTube if you haven't done it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Haven't logged in to check my wallet in a while. It woukd be ridicukous if they just stole all our coins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Haven't logged in to check my wallet in a while. It woukd be ridicukous if they just stole all our coins

Did you check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

august12 wrote: »
    Did you check?

I tried on my phone but can't even find the login button...

Will try on laptop later

I tried on my phone but can't even find the login button...

You have to change to desktop mode to see the login button, tap on the three dots at top right of screen and tick the desktop button, someone kindly helped me earlier to find this as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

My coins are all there safe and sound anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AmilcarAlho

Interestingly enough, if I scan the address using etherscan.io and enter the deposit address, it shows the coins as still being there.

As other mentioned, the outgoing address is a common wallet, as i had transferred a smaller amount to binance from a second wallet. Not sure what is happening, but not a good sign.

Tron's mainnet launch is to take place on 31st March. Nice to see some tangible progress to their product

https://medium.com/@Tronfoundation/trons-first-beta-version-exodus-will-be-launched-on-march-31-bee6095e59f1

Tron's newest partnership with Spacety. Interesting to see if we get any movement on price (up hopefully). No MOON jokes please!

https://medium.com/@Tronfoundation/tron-and-spacety-the-chinas-spacex-new-era-of-blockchain-space-exploration-c9dda85b8377

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I actually got rid of all my TRON yesterday. It seemed to me like it was just consistently falling in price.
    I had read that there was growing numbers of people skeptical about the coin but I suppose if they have some tangibles, it'll add a bit of faith.

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote:
    Tron's newest partnership with Spacety. Interesting to see if we get any movement on price (up hopefully). No MOON jokes please!

This story has been deleted,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Was it a billion TRX transaction, or a billion dollar worth transaction that got sold when it hit the peak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭daedal

This story has been deleted,

Who announced this partnership originally?

daedal wrote:
    Who announced this partnership originally?

See post 743, announced through medium.com, also noted on reddit that it was deleted.

Premature announcement maybe? I guess Spacety should be announcing first maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I had read that there was growing numbers of people skeptical about the coin but I suppose if they have some tangibles, it'll add a bit of faith.

There are no tangibles as yet though. Just announcements regarding when there will be. I've commented a lot on this thread regarding what I believe is the lack of competence shown by the TRON team and this pulled announcement is to my mind at least just a further example.
    Very happy to have made the money I did on this coin, but every tweet, every bit of digging and the actual lack of any substance on this one leads me to the belief that its a shill coin.

banie01 wrote: »
    There are no tangibles as yet though. Just announcements regarding when there will be. I've commented a lot on this thread regarding what I believe is the lack of competence shown by the TRON team and this pulled announcement is to my mind at least just a further example.
    Very happy to have made the money I did on this coin, but every tweet, every bit of digging and the actual lack of any substance on this one leads me to the belief that its a shill coin.

You have commented plenty on this thread, and in many of those posts you have repeatedly stated your happiness to have made your money from this coin. Great for you.

Go look at github and see the tangible work that is being carried out every day. Look at the releases, the partnerships and the new tokens and ICO's that are being lined up. It's far from perfect in how they have manged certain aspects so far but it is also far from a shill coin so I think you can stop flogging that dead cat.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    You have commented plenty on this thread, and in many of those posts you have repeatedly stated your happiness to have made your money from this coin. Great for you.

Go look at github and see the tangible work that is being carried out every day. Look at the releases, the partnerships and the new tokens and ICO's that are being lined up. It's far from perfect in how they have manged certain aspects so far but it is also far from a shill coin so I think you can stop flogging that dead cat.

And I have also outlined each and every issue I have with the coin none of which has actually being countered, let alone refuted in any meaningful manner.
    Hopefully for those still holding TRON come the 31/3 will benefit from the mainnet launch.
    That said, given the cack handed matter TRON have handled every thing to date I would not be in least bit surprised by a delay.
    The coin is becoming a personality cult driven by a demented tweeter rather than anything tangible.

The game.com partnership is meaningless.
    As each and every other partnership announced to date. They are all dependant upon a use case being identified for a product that as of yet is vapourware.
    TRON have been strong on announcements and not so great on actual detail.
    There has still been no acknowledgement of the wallet issues, either the increased/cycled balances or the sweeping of remnant balances.

And I have also outlined each and every issue I have with the coin none of which has actually being countered, let alone refuted in any meaningful manner.
    Hopefully for those still holding TRON come the 31/3 will benefit from the mainnet launch.
    That said, given the cack handed matter TRON have handled every thing to date I would not be in least bit surprised by a delay.
    The coin is becoming a personality cult driven by a demented tweeter rather than anything tangible.

The game.com partnership is meaningless.
    As each and every other partnership announced to date. They are all dependant upon a use case being identified.
    TRON have beem strong on announcements and not so great on actual detail.
    There has still been no acknowledgement of the wallet issues, either the increased/cycled balances or the sweeping of remnant balances.

The only matter you have raised that hasn't been addressed (given a logical explanation) as per my recollection is the issue regarding the coins/wallet. I have no answer to that other than it is very unusual both in the activity and the lack of discussion internet wide. There are the obvious posts on here and two posts on Reddit, one of which was obviously from a poster who frequents boards. It's boggling from all aspects.

Calling Sun a demented tweeter (his tweet activity is no more than a max of 3-4 on his busiest of days is laughable) and calling the game.com partnership as meaningless is just as laughable.

You have your suspicions of Tron but it is causing you to cloud your judgement on every announcement they make. I and others have given you replies as to what we suspect from Tron (grew too fast, unrealistic expectations from people who bought in on the rise etc etc) and as far as I can recall you have not acknowledged those responses once.

• Advertisement

The only matter you have raised that hasn't been addressed (given a logical explanation) as per my recollection is the issue regarding the coins/wallet. I have no answer to that other than it is very unusual both in the activity and the lack of discussion internet wide. There are the obvious posts on here and two posts on Reddit, one of which was obviously from a poster who frequents boards. It's boggling from all aspects.

Calling Sun a demented tweeter (his tweet activity is no more than a max of 3-4 on his busiest of days is laughable) and calling the game.com partnership as meaningless is just as laughable.

You have your suspicions of Tron but it is causing you to cloud your judgement on every announcement they make. I and others have given you replies as to what we suspect from Tron (grew too fast, unrealistic expectations from people who bought in on the rise etc etc) and as far as I can recall you have not acknowledged those responses once.

I would advise anyone who thinks that any of the partnerships announced to date are valuable to actually perform a little due diligence on the partners, rather than relying on clickbait catch alls such as China's Netflix/SpaceX or whatever flavour is currently in vogue.
    Actually research who and what your money os invested in rather than relying on Reddit and other fanboys who are convinced no wrong can Sun do!
    Jack Ma's protegè has yet to deliver anything substantive, rather than focusing on driving revenue he should perhaps try to deliver a product that stands up to even a cursory review.
    Tron dogs and a github of questionable quality do not change the world.

Having faith in a coin that has been subject to artificially inflated volume along with theft from user wallets.
    Be that 1 wallet, or 1 million wallets when they have made zero announcement regarding same and whilst still continuing to hype forthcoming partnerships and announcements is to my mind at least, a tad naive.

There is a wealth of detail and contrary views out there for folks to review and many will come to opposite viewpoints.
    Mine is that if it walks like a duck....
    Well I dont need to explain the rest.

And I would urge you that if you think the partnerships announced to date are not valuable you should do more due diligence into the long term aims of Tron. The company is now 5 months old. They have ALWAYS been clear in saying they have a 7-10 year vision.

Look, you have your suspicions and think it is a ****coin, where as I am willing to overlook teething problems and believe the long term possibilities for the company are huge. You are entitled to your opinion, I'm not here to convince you otherwise.

And I would urge you that if you think the partnerships announced to date are not valuable you should do more due diligence into the long term aims of Tron. The company is now 5 months old. They have ALWAYS been clear in saying they have a 7-10 year vision.

Look, you have your suspicions and think it is a ****coin, where as I am willing to overlook teething problems and believe the long term possibilities for the company are huge. You are entitled to your opinion, I'm not here to convince you otherwise.

Fair enough.
    But I am shocked that you consider artificial inflation of the traded volume and subsequent theft of TRC from wallets as a teething issue.

Fair enough.
    But I am shocked that you consider artificial inflation of the traded volume and subsequent theft of TRC from wallets as a teething issue.

There was an error and a small handful of wallets got credited coin in error. They took, or at least tried to take it all back. If your bank accidentally made a double entry of a lodgement they would do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

There was an error and a small handful of wallets got credited coin in error. They took, or at least tried to take it all back. If your bank accidentally made a double entry of a lodgement they would do the same.

You are right, I can understand them taking the coins back but I'd have felt more comfortable about an email from them about it.

I don't think too many people benefited from it and surely they have their emails from signing up to notify them there was an error and they are removing them coin

It is all strange but as you said theu are only 5 months old and are clearly making progress in the area they want to go.

How many people used google on 15/02/1998?

I also sell Koolaid???
    Relying on the small error analogy, my bank doesn't undertake such corrective actions without informing me eben in retrospect.

Comparing what TRON did to corrective acrions by a bank is a false analogy.
    The TRX was stored in a user wallet not an account. As such it should only be accessible and tradeable by the wallet owner.

To say it is ok for TRON to have swept the balances is akin to agreeing that every forked coin BTC holders gained isnt really theirs to own as they didnt pay for it.
    So its ok to dip the wallets and revert it back to the creator.

It is either a wallet, and as such solely in the possession of the wallet holder or its not and its ok for it to be stolen from
    Or
    Its a means of storing your coin outside of your complete control that can be accessed and removed by a Tron at their will and without notifying the wallet owner.

As for the relative size of the error, the volumes pumped through the affected outgoing TRX wallet are far from small especially as there was no selloff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

It is either a wallet, and as such solely in the possession of the wallet holder or its not and its ok for it to be stolen from
    Or
    Its a means of storing your coin outside of your complete control that can be accessed and removed by a Tron at their will and without notifying the wallet owner.

Unless you can put it onto a usb waller and have it fully removed from the net then I would never assume ANY crytpo online is 100% mine and untouchable .

Exchanges get hacked all the time and crypto wiped out.

Trons wallet was a wallet in their (badly) designed site. To try and even use the English translation caused problems so I wasn't surprised that the increase in coin happened. Im no expert but was probably something to do with the 1 million wallets promotion and a specific code that was replicated by mistake and added to certain wallets and deposits from certain exchanges. Once it was copped they tool it back and they probably have some clause( in chinese) on their site that the wallet is yours but you give them permission to rectify any issues that would adversely effect the company

But hardly anyone outside of boards knows about it so that makes it all the more unusual.

However putting thay aside I see a lot of potential in tron and feel Justin would benifit more from going social media silent and only issuing confirmed big partnerships and leave the reports and possibly new signings to some pr minions

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

First thing: I am a TRX holder, so have no need to diss the project.

But a lot of people seem to be going out of their way to excuse the really flaky wallet they run, and the somewhat embarrassing tweets from their CEO.

Did they actually take back coin from people's wallets? Wow, if so.

I finally managed to get my holding (less an exorbitant fee) out of their wallet and am only holding it elsewhere in the morbid hope that TRON will turn out to be the Ed Sheeran of unexpected crypto heartthrobs.

Dades wrote:
    I finally managed to get my holding (less an exorbitant fee) out of their wallet and am only holding it elsewhere in the morbid hope that TRON will turn out to be the Ed Sheeran of unexpected crypto heartthrobs.

The fee is higher on Binance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The fee is higher on Binance.
    At least their site works when you want it to or isn't stealing your coins.

Advertisement