Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRON (TRX)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Dades wrote:
    At least their site works when you want it to or isn't stealing your coins.

Yes, this site is very efficient, I only have experience with Binance, Coinbase/Gdax and now Kucoin, wish I could trade Fiat to crypto as find crypto to crypto very confusing,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dades wrote: »
    At least their site works when you want it to or isn't stealing your coins.

Stealing your coins :D:D

Taking back coins people should never have gotten to begin with. There is a big difference, no need to try and paint a different picture.

Yes there should have been notification to say it was going to happen in advance, but at the same time every single person getting the free coins knew they shouldn't have been and were trying to milk it for everything it was worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Stealing your coins :D:D

Taking back coins people should never have gotten to begin with. There is a big difference, no need to try and paint a different picture.

Yes there should have been notification to say it was going to happen in advance, but at the same time every single person getting the free coins knew they shouldn't have been and were trying to milk it for everything it was worth.

True, they should have done it them sent a notification. Anything prior to it would have made everyone transfer their coins out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Tron paint their own picture and it's not exactly one of technical excellence. They sure do seem to have their fair share of defenders, though.

Dades wrote: »
    They sure do seem to have their fair share of defenders, though.

Which begs the question why? What do they see we don't. Their longterm plan hopefully

• Advertisement

This doesn't install confidence to be honest

https://twitter.com/justinsunntron/status/957389722677952512

I'm sorry but each of his tweets focus on numbers like this but not in a good way. Like he's trying to prove a point or win people over.

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/957390337344860160

I've said it before, he needs a PR so he can focus on the quality of his company and not send out crap to try and boost the value of tron without anything actually being implemented at this point in time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

This doesn't install confidence to be honest

Is that not a scam twitter account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

august12 wrote: »
    Is that not a scam twitter account?

It is, the account name gives it away.
    The attention to detail paid by some on here before sharing "facts" is a bit lacking in some cases.

Granted the difference between the account names is a single "n" but that account has been flagged as a scam account for a while now.

I'm sorry but each of his tweets focus on numbers like this but not in a good way. Like he's trying to prove a point or win people over.

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/957390337344860160

I've said it before, he needs a PR so he can focus on the quality of his company and not send out crap to try and boost the value of tron without anything actually being implemented at this point in time

Do you think he sits around all day thinking what his next tweet will be? He pretty much tweets 3 to 4 times a day, at most. That would take up 5-10 minutes of his time. I'm sure he is working his ass off the rest of the day.

What's wrong with giving some insight and potential user numbers (as long as they are accurate). It gives people a good sense of the size of the partnership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Genuine curiosity, has there been any Tron news to get Tron holders excited?
    I dont hold any but just wondering as its still a top 20 coin even whilst sinking to just over $0.05

seannash wrote: »
    I dont hold any but just wondering as its still a top 20 coin even whilst sinking to just over $0.05

A couple of new partnership announcements, tron dogs going live and confirmation of their main net being released on 31st March. Nothing much but this current price is more realistic of where it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

A couple of new partnership announcements, tron dogs going live and confirmation of their main net being released on 31st March. Nothing much but this current price is more realistic of where it should be.
    At that price it could be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

seannash wrote: »

Copied from Reddit, a viewer impression of yesterday's live streamstream

Key Points

mentioned partnership with Huobi and Okex. These are 2 of the most 'respected' exchanges in China

mentioned ability to trade in fiat via Bitfinex

talked about technical aspects such as Consensus protocol and Tron Wallet. Redesigned the wallet with RPC interface. Wallet will give ability to convert TRX tokens to TRX coins.

mentioned that the Tron Beta launch on March 31st is the key starting point for everything he has planned. It will give developers the ability to develop dApps on Trons networks.

talked about Tron Virtual Machine, which is their in-house developed television dApp. Will be fast with next to no loading/ buffering and of course will be decentralized.

talked about GSC social chain - which is blockchain based social network. Will consist of MICO (100 million registered users) and Kitty Live (20 million registered users). Will be launched on Tron network.

hopes to be in world's top 10 exchanges pretty soon.

Future action items:

future livestreams will be weekly in frequency with more focus on technical developments because he has "read comments online where the community wants more updates on the technical aspects of Tron"

will be introducing a bug bounty and wild bounty (?) feature so that the community can contribute to finding bugs and in return, will be paid bounty in TRX.

My Impressions:

wore a Tron emblazoned tee that looked pretty ordinary. I missed the audio on this part but he did point the camera to his tee shirt. Don't know if he mentioned a site to buy them.

read the technical bits as well as the partnership (Huobi) details from a screen. Didn't look like it was his cup of tea at all.

Felt very comfortable talking about GSC and Tron Virtual Machine.

I hadn't watched his previous livestreams so have no basis for comparison to his past performances. Overall, felt like a casual fireside chat - perfectly fine by me. My only point for improvement would be to get a technical guy to do the technical talking points 'cos Justin really did look out of his element just reading from the screen.

EDIT: Now that I am awake, I want to add one more key takeaway for me personally.

I had seen him mention Tron Virtual Machine in their github or one of those papers with diagrams but had no clue what is was. Today, he mentioned it is their in-house developed television dApp. What if this is the cornerstone for his future? What if content creators like /u/blackanese can post their videos directly on the TVM and get paid directly via TRX - all without a intermediary like Youtube in the middle, determining whether he should be monetized for his efforts or not?
    Of course this is all speculation so take it with a truck of salt. Nevertheless, I believe there is a reason the TVM is one of the first dApps that they chose to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cryptonovice

hey folks,

Just wondering is anyone here on Binance. I have a coinbase account where I bought ETH and sent to Binance to swap for other coins like Tron and Funfair. What I am wondering is, is there anywhere I can get the euro value of the coin I bought on Binance at the time of the swap? Or would I just have to go somewhere like coinmarketcap to get the value of the coin on that particular day (averaged).
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Coingecko

Google eth to usd converter and click the link

Coingecko

Google eth to usd converter and click the link

Sound thanks alot

Folks,

Is it possible to send tron directly to the nano ledger...without the my etherum wallet thing? It’s an erc 20 token so I imagine I could send it direct to the ethereum section of the nano ledger. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Are they implying that because they have a former member of Alibaba and have named it alipay there's plagiarism....allegadly?

• Advertisement

Are they implying that because they have a former member of Alibaba and have named it alipay there's plagiarism....allegadly?

No, it is suggesting that are writing code to implement alipay and wechat into their mainnet. People are presuming this hints at adoption of Tron by Alibaba and wechat.

I'd take it with a large pinch of salt. A Dev could just be writing up test code.

Edit: By the way, if even one of those was true Tron would explode in price. I've seen a huge change in the direction of FUD towards Tron lately. People becoming a lot more complementary since the github updates and mainnet announcement.

No, it is suggesting that are writing code to implement alipay and wechat into their mainnet. People are presuming this hints at adoption of Tron by Alibaba and wechat.

I'd take it with a large pinch of salt. A Dev could just be writing up test code.

Edit: By the way, if even one of those was true Tron would explode in price. I've seen a huge change in the direction of FUD towards Tron lately. People becoming a lot more complementary since the github updates and mainnet announcement.

Mmmmmmm I see what you're saying, let's take its easy with this one

*rushes to buy more tron*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Tron is on the move up 8% when posting this.

rapul wrote: »
    Tron is on the move up 8% when posting this.
    5 years from now...anyone have a prediction on the price of tron! Wouldn't €50 be nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I have a prediction of 10 billion

Not based on anything .

Do you have a 5 year prediction?

Or do you think the question is a little too open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Wouldn't €50 be nice!

Total supply would make that a market cap of €5 trillion.

You have high hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

If it got anywhere near a dollar I'd be ecstatic. 40 to 50 cents and I'd be delighted.
    I'm hodling 6.5 times the TRX I paid for so it's all gravy as far as I'm concerned :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

benjamin d wrote: »
    If it got anywhere near a dollar I'd be ecstatic. 40 to 50 cents and I'd be delighted.
    I'm hodling 6.5 times the TRX I paid for so it's all gravy as far as I'm concerned :)

If it gets up to that level the folks who cycled their holdings through TRON wallets will be very happy indeed!
    I probably gained about ×3.5/4 times what I paid for and sold out completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

banie01 wrote: »
    If it gets up to that level the folks who cycled their holdings through TRON wallets will be very happy indeed!
    I probably gained about ×3.5/4 times what I paid for and sold out completely.

Even at 4 cents my euro value of hodlings is double what I paid despite my purchase price being 17 cents. TRX going to zero is an acceptable risk for me considering the potential profits if it takes off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Advertisement