Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRON (TRX)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Official confirmation of the BitTorrent purchase and some detail on what is in store.

https://medium.com/@Tronfoundation/letter-to-the-community-bittorrent-acquisition-ae325875e6b9

'With the integration of BitTorrent, TRON aims to liberate the Internet from the stranglehold of large corporations, give data rights back to the individual, and reignite the early 21st century vision of a free, transparent, decentralized network to connect the world, because the internet belongs to the people'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Official confirmation of the BitTorrent purchase and some detail on what is in store.

https://medium.com/@Tronfoundation/letter-to-the-community-bittorrent-acquisition-ae325875e6b9

'With the integration of BitTorrent, TRON aims to liberate the Internet from the stranglehold of large corporations, give data rights back to the individual, and reignite the early 21st century vision of a free, transparent, decentralized network to connect the world, because the internet belongs to the people'

Which is pretty much an analogy of what BitTorrent did without Tokenization.
    I'm still struggling to see a real world use case for TRX where it replaces the likes of Torrenting, Debrid services, Mega or even for some of us still using the old ways UseNet! or any other of the myriad ways in which large datasets, media or anything at all are shared...
    The constant harping on on regarding decentralization from a token that is very centralized strikes me a little bit hypocritical too.
    "How early 21st century vision of a free, transparent, decentralized network to connect the world, because the internet belongs to the people'["

How do TRON reconcile this portion of their "vision" in particular, with tokenization?

I'm not aiming those questions at you Whelo79, more musing aloud.

Who knows? It's all speculation at the moment but it's nice to see some big acquisitions.

Tron are succeeding with every target and deadline they have announced, launched their MainNet with zero issues and launch their Virtual Machine on the 31st July along with a supposed announcement of a 'secret project' which is supposed to be pretty significant. They are doing a lot more than many other projects out there which had to be commended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Big partnership announced today with the maker of a portable smart toilet.

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/1027470214638665728?s=21

A genuine shîtcoin.

https://medium.com/tron-foundation/tron-and-moshroom-join-hands-to-bring-life-changes-with-blockchain-f2b7e3ad25bc

“With MOSHROOM’s outstanding innovation in portable smart toilets, the cooperation intends to provide better bathroom experience for ordinary people across the world.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Curious, why would anyone trust what Tron promise ever again?

Curious, why would anyone trust what Tron promise ever again?

Why? What promise have they not delivered on so far?

Why? What promise have they not delivered on so far?

Be one of the first million to register and get free coin(s). It didn't happen.

Be one of the first million to register and get free coin(s). It didn't happen.

Did they actually get to one million accounts prior to the launch of the main net? I can't remember. And I don't think there was ever any official announcement about those free trx to account holders from Tron. I can only remember it being attributed to one interview Sun done.

Either way, they gave away 'candies' as Justin called them for those who jumped through a few hoops when the main net was launched.

Did they actually get to one million accounts prior to the launch of the main net? I can't remember. And I don't think there was ever any official announcement about those free trx to account holders from Tron. I can only remember it being attributed to one interview Sun done.

Either way, they gave away 'candies' as Justin called them for those who jumped through a few hoops when the main net was launched.

They did get to one million pre main net.

Can't recall how official it was, not bothered to go back and check the T&Cs. Was convinced enough at the time to open one.

Was considering at the time actually buying coins. Don't think I'll be getting into CC's now.

• Advertisement

A very honest article by someone who previously write a scathing attack on Tron. Nice to see someone in the crypto world being honest and objective.

https://cryptobriefing.com/smooth-sailing-so-far-were-we-wrong-about-tron/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

A very honest article by someone who previously write a scathing attack on Tron. Nice to see someone in the crypto world being honest and objective.

https://cryptobriefing.com/smooth-sailing-so-far-were-we-wrong-about-tron/

I bought 5000 of these a few weeks ago, are they worth holding or is it BS?

Truckermal wrote: »

Depends where you are on the pyramid scheme.

They are definitely worth holding.

I like this take on in game item ownership and transferrability across the blockchain. Seems like something gamers would love.

https://blockmanity.com/news/bitguilds-bitizens-switches-from-ethereum-eth-to-tron-trx/?fbclid=IwAR2glhuzCpqvh2Aj23GA6wJKKg_2xf4omzEN0s8QuyIbxILvY3R4PtEIc5E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

They are definitely worth holding.

Solid advice you gave to that lad on 12 Sep.

This chart says it all.

Solid advice you gave to that lad on 12 Sep.

This chart says it all.

Don't forget to thank that post with your Johnnyflash account.

Don't forget to thank that post with your Johnnyflash account.

Did you...

1. Hodler on their advice?
    2. If you did, still think it was wise?

Did you...

1. Hodler on their advice?
    2. If you did, still think it was wise?

Yep I held on and I actually had forgotten about them until now and I'll hold them for another while too.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    All the chart says is that the price (across all coins) has tanked. Hold them for a couple of 1 year + and then worry about the sale price.

It's €100, imo worth the gamble. TRON / TRX is definitely an interesting one to watch.

Yes definitely worth sticking that in given the price now...

Yep I held on and I actually had forgotten about them until now and I'll hold them for another while too.

Quite clearly the advice I have consistently given would have been to sell. That is demostrately better advice than the person who told you to hodl and who is spamming bias pro tron articles in here hoping others will buy.

The only thing interesting about the TRON project is the shyster Sun who heads it up. Interesting character is right.

Quite clearly the advice I have consistently given would have been to sell. That is demostrately better advice than the person who told you to hodl and who is spamming bias pro tron articles in here hoping others will buy.

The only thing interesting about the TRON project is the shyster Sun who heads it up. Interesting character is right.

They are most certainly still work holding, my opinion does not change.

And two pro Tron articles in 3 months hardly classes as spamming the thread. Now off you go back to the other thread and explain why you like extracting self gratification in other people losing money. I've noticed you've yet to respond to the numerous posters who called you out on that behavior.

And two pro Tron articles in 3 months hardly classes as spamming the thread. Now off you go back to the other thread and explain why you like extracting self gratification in other people losing money. I've noticed you've yet to respond to the numerous posters who called you out on that behavior.

Lol does he think that by you telling me to buy a few coins it's going to start TRX bullrun.....:p:p:p

Think you're mixing me up with someone else. I've always said that I have sympathy for anyone who were hoodwinked in and lost money. Lots of other posters opening sneering though so if say you have me mixed up.

This is making nice progress slow and steady I'm thinking of sticking in a few pound again..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,
    So, I have my trx on binance.
    With bittorrent coindrop happening soon, I see it may be better to move my trx off binance and into a wallet ?

what do ye recommend - tronscan.org ?

plus I want to start voting - free trx.

still learning by the way but very interesting indeed.

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,
    So, I have my trx on binance.
    With bittorrent coindrop happening soon, I see it may be better to move my trx off binance and into a wallet ?

what do ye recommend - tronscan.org ?

plus I want to start voting - free trx.

still learning by the way but very interesting indeed.

Why do you want to move it to a wallet? I'm still learning too that's why I ask, price is moving up nicely even though it's worth fek all!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Why do you want to move it to a wallet? I'm still learning too that's why I ask, price is moving up nicely even though it's worth fek all!

some folks saying with the bittorent deal, that maybe !! binance with not coindrop the btt coins.
    But if you have your trx in a tron wallet/tronscan, you will defo get the coindrop.

new here too, so just seeing whats best.
    and you can freeze your coins and vote, and get free trx coins too. youtube it.

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

How is tron going to be used in the torrent client? Not to pay the content producers I presume as that kind of defeats the purpose of torrenting. Some sort of artificial throttling or faster speeds? Just use a different client.

Advertisement