Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline Delivering as Expected?

Options
  • 05-01-2018 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

The company I bought from sent a confirmation email, stating I should expect the package this coming Monday. Nightline, however, informed me via email the package is to be delivered to me tomorrow, Friday.

Only thing is, the tracker hasn't moved from
    "Parcel Expected HEAD OFFICE 04/01/2018 16:04:22"
    and to my knowledge, the head office is in Dublin which is rather far from me. From your experience, has Nightline not delivered the day the email says it will? Is the tracker overall not up to date?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Nightline themselves tend to know what's going on a little better than the sending company, as they will move the parcel overnight so if it's in Dublin at that time it will be at its depot nearest to you by 7am and on the van for delivery in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fieldsforever

Turns out the package didn't even make it to their head office, rather they are expecting it to. It will not be delivered today as the email said, but rather Monday or Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Turns out the package didn't even make it to their head office, rather they are expecting it to. It will not be delivered today as the email said, but rather Monday or Tuesday.

Oh sorry! I'm very lucky with all my delivery people though, I see people here complaining and mine are always spot on time and really nice guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I placed an order with Debenhams last week and as usual, they split the order and have delivered it in 3 separate parcels on 3 different days - two have been received so far, and i have gotten a text for both from Nightline saying it would be delivered on the next working day, both times it was delivered that same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Waiting on a delivery from Debenhams,got the text saying will be delivered next day,yesterday came and went without delivery but showing delivered on the site tracker,emailed them asking what the story was and was told we werent in and the driver left it outside in a safe place!

We were in all day,but we checked outside and nothing to be found...emailed again saying this,to be told the driver had been in contact and told them it was behind the black bin behind our house.....no bins behind our house and he would need a off-roader to get behind it anyway!

Have to wait until monday for him to go back to "our" house to look for the package and deliver it to the other "our" house!! numpties :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dozyart wrote: »
    Waiting on a delivery from Debenhams,got the text saying will be delivered next day,yesterday came and went without delivery but showing delivered on the site tracker,emailed them asking what the story was and was told we werent in and the driver left it outside in a safe place!

We were in all day,but we checked outside and nothing to be found...emailed again saying this,to be told the driver had been in contact and told them it was behind the black bin behind our house.....no bins behind our house and he would need a off-roader to get behind it anyway!

Have to wait until monday for him to go back to "our" house to look for the package and deliver it to the other "our" house!! numpties :mad::mad::mad:

We had to stop buying from Debenhams because of Nightline's failure to deliver. They constantly stated there was nobody home or the phone was not answered, which was untrue. Then they said they had delivered the item only to admit they had not attempted delivery. It happen three times, so Debenhams were told enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

We had to stop buying from Debenhams because of Nightline's failure to deliver. They constantly stated there was nobody home or the phone was not answered, which was untrue. Then they said they had delivered the item only to admit they had not attempted delivery. It happen three times, so Debenhams were told enough is enough.

We have the opposite experience with them, all orders arrive promptly, a text on the morning of delivery, and a phone call if they cannot find the house.

We do have some issues when the full addresss is not printed on the label sometimes, and it goes to the villages of the same name in Sligo, Westmeath and Offally.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Dozyart wrote: »

Just to give the story its ending.....the package arrived on the monday,arrived back to the house to find it sitting on my doorstep in full view :rolleyes::mad:

Advertisement