Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are the English no craic.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

failinis wrote: »
    Moved here about 3yrs ago and find it very hard to relate to any of them which I found a shock because I assumed it would be okay as its just the neighbouring country and consumed a lot of their media growing up.

Turns out only close friends have been internationals/europeans and English "friends" I have are at such a superfical level. There is one in particular that I think if she was not English I would be very close friends (or maybe if I changed etc) but we have the same level or connection you have to a quick fart.

I mannaged to get "excommunicated" from my family just in time for Christmas so spent a **** day alone over here and made me refect upon how little links to the culture or people here.

I am grand and very thakful for my interational friends here and would not change it for the world. But I just find it bizare how locked out I feel to the English groups here. Not a serious thread at all just - why cant I have the craic with these dry people? I cant be the only one having experienced this .

Scousers are good craic and scouse women are sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

The Irish are the best craic in the world. They're great storytellers, jokers, and don't take themselves seriously. They realise that they are ruled by a shower of gombeens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

They ensure they are ruled by a shower of gombeens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Ipso wrote:
    They ensure they are ruled by a shower of gombeens.

That's where they get their jokes from!

Advertisement