Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University of Limerick (MS Software Engineering) vs University College Cork (MS Compu

Options
  • 05-01-2018 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

UL (Software Engineering) vs UCC (Computing Science)
    I am confused which one should I go with for Postgraduation.
    UCC is ranked quite higher compared to Limerick. But ranking alone doesn't tell the whole picture.
    I have got offer from both. Please tell me which is better in regards to studies, job prospects and quality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

being honest in software engineering you'd nearly being better taking a grad job somewhere and seeing what you area you're most interested in in the real world before jumping into a masters. I review CVs and interview in the Fintech industry and we're more concerned with people's experience rather than where there masters is from.

But i like UCC as a place

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gurleensethi

I don't have option for job, as I am an international student.
    Also please tell what are the job prospects for freshers.

ec18 wrote: »
    being honest in software engineering you'd nearly being better taking a grad job somewhere and seeing what you area you're most interested in in the real world before jumping into a masters. I review CVs and interview in the Fintech industry and we're more concerned with people's experience rather than where there masters is from.

But i like UCC as a place
    I don't have option for job, as I am an international student.
    Also please tell what are the job prospects for freshers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Forget about rankings, forget about job prospects, forget about the institutions.

What do you want to do? Software Engineering or Computer Science?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Forget about rankings, forget about job prospects, forget about the institutions.

Frankly speaking, I am interested in both, I am interested in software development and whichever course I choose it will add to my knowledge and skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, so nobody is going to give you a "this course is better than that course" or "this institute is better than that institute" answer here.

They are both very well regarded institutions, and both courses are quite comprehensive and would be sought after in the job market. So ultimately, it is up to you to choose based on your career aspirations.

Ok, so nobody is going to give you a "this course is better than that course" or "this institute is better than that institute" answer here.

They are both very well regarded institutions, and both courses are quite comprehensive and would be sought after in the job market. So ultimately, it is up to you to choose based on your career aspirations.
    I am fine with that, but at least some one can tell me the good and bad points of both universities as well as the course :).

Advertisement