Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mucky Lawn - can I do anything

Options
  • 05-01-2018 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do at the moment that will help my back-garden. It is currently a disaster! We got a puppy who liked to dig, and has various much patches around it - this happened around sept/oct, so didn't get a chance to regrow. It also has 2 dogs peeing on it, along with the rainwater making it very mucky and patchy.

I'm just wondering if I can do anything at the moment ... or when is it worthwhile doing something to help get the grass and lawn back. Should I fork it, or would this make any difference? Would throwing some sand on it help at all at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

alowe wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do at the moment that will help my back-garden. It is currently a disaster! We got a puppy who liked to dig, and has various much patches around it - this happened around sept/oct, so didn't get a chance to regrow. It also has 2 dogs peeing on it, along with the rainwater making it very mucky and patchy.

I'm just wondering if I can do anything at the moment ... or when is it worthwhile doing something to help get the grass and lawn back. Should I fork it, or would this make any difference? Would throwing some sand on it help at all at the moment?

I have the same problem every year. It usually comes right fairly fast in the warmer months

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Don't use sand unless you're very sure of the soil type. Sand + clay = cement.

Advertisement