Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV repair

Options
  • 05-01-2018 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    Anyone have a contact for resonable satellite repairs. My box displays "no signal". Sky have quoted me €60 and 3 weeks!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

The lads in Sat Planet in Adelaide Street will sort you out. They are excellent.
    Hi,
    Anyone have a contact for resonable satellite repairs. My box displays "no signal". Sky have quoted me €60 and 3 weeks!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lizzyman101

johnire wrote: »
    The lads in Sat Planet in Adelaide Street will sort you out. They are excellent.

Great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Great, thanks.

I think Sat planet are 60 for call out plus the cost of new equipment if required (lnb, dish). Tell sky you are leaving and you will get for free, maybe an earlier date for their installer to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

OP, sent a recommendation by PM.

This person was recommended to me previously by board users by PM.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

Hi,
    Thanks.

I had a 'no signal' problem a few weeks back and sky gave me a similar quote. 60 euro call out for an engineer and about a month wait. I ended up googling it and it was just a matter of the two satellite wires going into the back of the box had gotten a bit bent. It might be worth taking them out and straightening them. It may not work but it might.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

More than likely your dish just needs putting back into position after the strong winds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

You can do this yourself by utilising the signal strength meter on the sky box :)

Loads of info there.
    Many thanks for all your replies👍

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

1. buy ladder
    2. promise a mate couple of pints if he helps
    3. When ye both there, open up house window nearest sky box
    4. go up ladder after making sure that your mate is watching signal strength screen
    5. Shout at each other till the sat is in stronger receiving position
    6. tighten screws on dish again. Not forgetting to mark the position of arm in relation to the dish and visa versa
    7. Take down ladder safely. Close window
    8. Go to pub to watch the same match you could have seen on your own Tv

Simples

1. buy ladder
    2. promise a mate couple of pints if he helps
    3. When ye both there, open up house window nearest sky box
    4. go up ladder after making sure that your mate is watching signal strength screen
    5. Shout at each other till the sat is in stronger receiving position
    6. tighten screws on dish again. Not forgetting to mark the position of arm in relation to the dish and visa versa
    7. Take down ladder safely. Close window
    8. Go to pub to watch the same match you could have seen on your

own Tv

Simples

Ha-ha! I did exactly that (my wife did the mate's bit so I didn't have to promise pints! Down there for dancin!) When up the ladder I noticed that the arm attached to the dish bracket was rusted and the dish would not stay in position when set. This means a new mounting bracket and possibly a new dish. I contacted Sky again and they agreed to replace the whole thing for a total of €10, reduce my monthly payments by €5, and refund any monies paid until the service is up and running again.
    I'm going to take that for now. Still have wait a few weeks for the engineer to come out though.
    Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 johnbannon

dingding wrote: »
    OP, sent a recommendation by PM.

This person was recommended to me previously by board users by PM.

Cheers

hi, can you send that to me please

Advertisement