Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill pay phone not received

Options
  • 05-01-2018 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, I ordered a bill pay phone as an existing broadband customer on 31 December. I received the email with the order confirmation which advised a welcome email would be received within 3 days. 

I have not received this email and still no sign of the phone to arrive. I tried contacting Eir for an update and here is what happened:
    Online Chat referred me to the phone number 1800 773729. I rang this and the first agent wasn't trained to deal with mobile so I was put back in the queue for another agent. 10 minutes later I get through to another agent who said online orders can only be dealt with through the online chat. I told her they sent me to this number. She gave me a separate number to ring, when I rang it was no longer in use.

As you can imagine, It is frustrating, especially when all I want is an update. I appreciate its a busy time of year and orders may take longer to process, but I would just like to know what the status is as I do need a phone. 

I would almost prefer to cancel this order outright and do the process in store or with another service provider. I certainly wouldnt have completed the online order if I had known I would be left in limbo for so long.

Appreciate your assistance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi, I ordered a bill pay phone as an existing broadband customer on 31 December. I received the email with the order confirmation which advised a welcome email would be received within 3 days. 

I have not received this email and still no sign of the phone to arrive. I tried contacting Eir for an update and here is what happened:
    Online Chat referred me to the phone number 1800 773729. I rang this and the first agent wasn't trained to deal with mobile so I was put back in the queue for another agent. 10 minutes later I get through to another agent who said online orders can only be dealt with through the online chat. I told her they sent me to this number. She gave me a separate number to ring, when I rang it was no longer in use.

As you can imagine, It is frustrating, especially when all I want is an update. I appreciate its a busy time of year and orders may take longer to process, but I would just like to know what the status is as I do need a phone. 

I would almost prefer to cancel this order outright and do the process in store or with another service provider. I certainly wouldnt have completed the online order if I had known I would be left in limbo for so long.

Appreciate your assistance.
    Hi CaptainCoPilot,

I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to help clear this up for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement