Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When am I going to see my first bill?

Options
  • 05-01-2018 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

This may seem a strange request but I'd really like to see my first bill. Joined on 6th December, first bill due within four weeks. Joined my.eir to keep an eye on usage etc., dashboard said - throughout December - your first bill will be issued on 3rd Jan.

Fair enough, however it's now 5th Jan, no bill, and the dashboard now says 'your first bill will be issued on 3rd Feb'.

I'd appreciate some help here. I expect monthly bills, I don't want bills rolling on as that's when things start to get messy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

This may seem a strange request but I'd really like to see my first bill. Joined on 6th December, first bill due within four weeks. Joined my.eir to keep an eye on usage etc., dashboard said - throughout December - your first bill will be issued on 3rd Jan.

Fair enough, however it's now 5th Jan, no bill, and the dashboard now says 'your first bill will be issued on 3rd Feb'.

I'd appreciate some help here. I expect monthly bills, I don't want bills rolling on as that's when things start to get messy.
    Hi Webmechanic,

Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to help clear this up for you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Webmechanic

Hi Webmechanic,

Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to help clear this up for you.

Thanks

Tracey
    Thanks Tracey, PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Interested to hear how this pans out. Exact same experience here, even down to the same dates for the expected bill (later installation date though).  Mine also reverted to the 3rd February yesterday from the 3rd January.  

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Interested to hear how this pans out. Exact same experience here, even down to the same dates for the expected bill (later installation date though).  Mine also reverted to the 3rd February yesterday from the 3rd January.  
    Will let you know, already had one response which didn't actually answer anything. hoping my follow up elicits a better response. 

Bill finally showed up online, seems the due date and the bill availability date are a few days apart. At least there were no shocks in the bill itself, everything fully costed although Eir charge for call answering, which Sky didn't. Might just switch that bit off anyway, if someone needs to talk urgently they'll use the mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I got my bill too - all looks well, as in the bottom line was what I expected, taking into account the part-period. The 5 pages of charges and discounts etc was, however, double dutch!  I'll have to see next month's bill to be sure all is well with the bundle I chose.

I had no charges for call answering as I have a built in answering machine on my phone.  How do you turn off this option from Eir, just in case?  I had a look at My Eir and I can't see any option there, but I could be missing it somehow.

I got a charge on call answering because I accessed it once using 171, if you didn't get charged then it's either not activated or your answerphone collects it before their mailbox does. From what I could see theirs defaults to a 20 second ring before pickup, your answerphone probably picks up earlier. I couldn't find any instructions to switch it off, I suspect the only way of doing so is to ask them To do it. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I got my bill too - all looks well, as in the bottom line was what I expected, taking into account the part-period. The 5 pages of charges and discounts etc was, however, double dutch!  I'll have to see next month's bill to be sure all is well with the bundle I chose.

I had no charges for call answering as I have a built in answering machine on my phone.  How do you turn off this option from Eir, just in case?  I had a look at My Eir and I can't see any option there, but I could be missing it somehow.
    Hi RoYoBo, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

To disable the call answering service from your landline you would need to contact our customer care team on 1901. They'll be able to remove this from the system for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement