Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asked for insurance disk after not renewing car policy

Options
  • 05-01-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

I received a letter yesterday to ask me to send the car insurance disc and policy cert back to you following the "cancellation of the policy".

I didn't cancel the policy, I simply did not renew as I found a much, much cheaper alternative.

It's the first time I'm asked for that after not renewing a policy. Is this expected? 

Also, just to put my mind at ease, the use of the word "cancel" here is not to be taken as a refusal to pursue the policy on your part that should be declared to subsequent insurance companies, is it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Nuw,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

Have you been in touch with our car insurance department before the renewal?

Have you received a new insurance disk and policy documents in the post?

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

Hi Kareana,

Thanks for your reply, I haven't been on the phone with the team to be honest, but I paid in one go last year so there was no direct debit in place or anything. I haven't received anything through the post apart from the letter asking me for the disk.

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Nuw,

Thanks for your reply.

I think it would be best to speak to our car insurance team on 0818 200 363 as an advisor will be able to help you further with this.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

Ok will do. Thanks Kareana.

Advertisement